“delicious meal”

Ranked #213 of 2,258 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located at the heart of the Old Quarter, Hanoi Garden is truly an oasis in the hustle and bustle of the town. Established in 1998, we have gained our reputation for consistently serving fine food.
Gothenburg, Sweden
“delicious meal”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I went restaurant with my friends, the food was good. The staff friendly, but sometime they busy talking to colleagues. And they don't care when I called them.

2 Thank travelshores

• Korean first
Leicestershire
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Good selection of food, this resturant was suggested by our hotel and we were not dissappointed,,, plenty of menu choice, nice garden setting, friendly staff.
Meal for 2 was less than $30

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Happytravelllers
Bansko
“Bad luck with the food”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I went there for dinner with a Hanoi friend of mine because the location was perfect, just around the corner from my hotel - and the setting in a garden like backyard pleasant and peaceful.

Prices were definitely on the expensive side (and I did not see any Vietnamese guests, accordingly). Service was not always very attentive.

As I was not really hungry but mainly wanted to sit and chat I ordered fried noodles with seafood. My friend had fried noodles with vegetables. She had no problems later. But I did. Fever and diarrhoea. Sadly, I even had to postpone my next trip as I was glued to the toilet for quite some days.

I really do not want to hurt anyone's business. It was bad luck. But I am not sure if the seafood was maybe not fresh enough or there was a lack of hygiene in the kitchen (something very common in Vietnam by the way).

My problem was traceable to Hanoi Garden - as I had not eaten anything else all day and the cramps and fever started a few hours after dinner.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Banskali
Chonburi, Thailand
“A Lucky Find”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Two friends and I planned to go to La' Restaurant (see my review of La' which is one of the best in Hanoi) on our first night here but one found Hanoi Garden during a walk. You enter to an open patio/garden and there is indoor seating as well. We chose to eat in the "garden" as it was a very comfortable night. It was about half full when we got there about 7 PM but it quickly filled up. The most noticeable thing we immediately saw was there was not an Asian face in the place. We thought, this is not good if the locals don't go there.

The service was pretty good but somewhat harried with the full restaurant.

The food was very good---especially the squid, fresh spring rolls, and a steamed fish. The steamed fish was supposed to be snapper but did not look at all close in looks to the snapper family. Nevertheless, it was excellent, whatever it was.

Overall, very good and I would go back.

1 Thank John W
Melbourne, Australia
“Worth Eating Here”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The restaurant is approached through a 20+ metres recess from the street. When you enter the Garden Vuon there are two options, inside or outside, both catering for about 40-50 people. The inside is standard fare with tables for 2, 4, 8 etc, covered in clean white table cloths and slatted wooden chairs. The outside area is a different experience altogether, there is the standard seating as indoors, but one wall has been transformed into a 7 metres high water fall, the width of the outside are and has plantings of numerous mature palms and other tropical plants.
The food is of a very high standard, well cooked and with more subtle flavouring than other restaurants that our group has encountered in Hanoi, and the vegetables are fresh and not overcooked. The servings are of a good size and the meats are very tender.
Pricing is good and is one of the best value for money restaurants we have found. Definitely worth seeking out as it is centrally located in the Old Quarter.

5 Thank Pip S