“Good vietnamese food.”
Review of Quan An Ngon

Quan An Ngon
Ranked #76 of 2,346 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Good vietnamese food.”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a place I take visitors to on a regular basis. You choose what you want and it's all so good. Staff are friendly, and courteous. Great environment, very good vietnamese food and fabulous for both people watching and candid photos of "food preparation". Atmosphere is great and all I've taken there have loved the food and the experience. Not 5 star, but excellent venue for something a bit different and a taste of the frantic pace of Hanoi.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Leicester, United Kingdom
“If this is being trapped I like it”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We went to the 34 Phan Dinh Phung branch and it was great. Busy and noisy - be prepared to wait to get a table. The food is prepared in a series of 'stalls' around the restaurant - a good way to choose is to wander around and see what is being cooked.
Some staff did not speak good English - but they seemed to easily find someone when we got stuck.
The concept is very interesting and different - street food stalls in a restaurant so it made for a very good evening. Be prepared for hot and noisy with staff running around at top speed between the stalls - just watching the operation was entertainment with the meal! As with any meal in Vietnam food is served when it is ready and removing your plate as soon as you stop eating is a sign of good and attentive service.
I see that some reviews have called this a tourist trap - however we did not feel in any way 'trapped', as we had good food in an interesting place for a very good price.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank TJCLeicester
NC
“Good reliable Vietnamese Food”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

A friend took us here, This is a local chain in and around Hanoi, we went to one near the old quarter. Several rounds of food. ALl tasty dishes. Spring roolls clay pot pork, couple of different salads, All very delicious. They are some better smaller places in the city for sure but this is a good place. It was very crowded and way way hot but still worth a visit if you go to one of the branches not in a mall.

• Visited June 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Dissappointed”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Was excited to go to this restaurant based on TA and LP recommendations. I was certainly dissapointed. Portions were very small. My order never got placed and I sat waiting only when I was about to get up and leave did it finally appear and it was a simple dish. Mixed up my order and brought spring rolls I never ordered and then expected me to still eat them/pay for them. Food that was ordered my wife had a good papaya salad (but not great), good chayote vegetables and very bland soup. My dish was a rice with pork which tasted okay but again nothing inspired. Sorry but I would not bother returning to this restaurant.

Visited June 2014
Hanh P, Manager at Quan An Ngon, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear guest,
We are really sorry that you don’t have expected experience at Quan An Ngon. Also thank you very much for your comment which will help us improve our service. Would you mind giving us detail regarding your meal such as the outlet address, time and date you visited, and staff name if possible, so that we can settle the problem thoroughly.

As for the food, we surely take your commend into account and hope that next time you will have better impression at Quan An Ngon.

Quan An Ngon
Brisbane, Australia
“Holy Dry Pho!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was recommended by Tim from Tu Linh Hotel Palace to try this place and I wish I had come back again the next day! He said everyone seems to love the dry pho here. I am not a food person, I love good food but generally I won't search far and wide for good food like foodies would. But oh boy! Did this almost convert me! I have no idea what they put in this dish. I don't even normally eat beansprouts but I ate every layer of this. My husband was also happy with his chicken - don't remember how it was flavoured (he's less of a foodie than I am) but it was steamed.

For drinks my husband had juice and it was good but we found all the juices in Northern Vietnam to be fresh and flawless. I had the soymilk - the traditional Asian way of boiling it, sweetening and running it down with water, not the Western way where they try and make soymilk like cowmilk making it ew. I love the soymilk - I think you can order it warm too which would be nice in winter.

Service was above average, not everyone speaks English but they try or they will get someone who does. Overall very satisfied and hope someday I will return and they won't have changed a thing then.

• Visited May 2014