“Good for tourists”
Review of Quan An Ngon

Quan An Ngon
Ranked #79 of 2,258 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
“Good for tourists”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The atmosphere and service are great, food was just ok for me. Mainly for tourists who want all Vietnamese food in a place, great place to bring friends, rarely see any local there, I think due to the price.

• Visited November 2013

• Vietnamese first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Just a bit overrated.”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Went there today for some lunch and ordered the Hanoi pancake, Sweetened sticky rice with sesame seeds and crab filled spring rolls. If it wasn't for the accompanying sauces there'd be no taste at all. I was very disappointed in the spring rolls, I couldn't taste the crab at all just a bit of "fishy-ness." The rice was far too sticky that I had to use a spoon from the table to cut it! And the pancake, well honestly what we got wasn't really for me so I can't comment on it fairly.

Overall I think it's reputation is probably better than the food you actually get but I suppose in their defence it's cheap for us so we'll just go with it anyway.

Not Vietnam's usual tasty food.

London, United Kingdom
“twinkly lights, lots of food stalls make for a great evening”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The atmosphere is brilliant - sitting outdoors under a tree canopy of fairy lights - lots of food stalls around the courtyard - and lots of happy families eating. The food is good, a good way to test out a wide range of Vietnamese food in a nice environment. The fish was lovely, as were the salad rolls. Not as cheap as street food, but you know you won't order something bad here.

You can sit inside the colonial building as well, but to be near the action, choose the courtyard. There's a branch in Ho Chi Minh city as well.

• Visited October 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“The food blew me away”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Happen to walk past this restaurant/food centre while looking for food around my hotel. It is very crowded due to dinner timing, but as i'm alone, the waiter quickly showed me available seat (which is shared with another couple about to finish their food, no problems there).

The setup of the place is very much like the hawker centre/food court in Singapore, so it's a rather familiar setting. The main difference is, the waiter/waitress will take your orders and pass them to the respective "stall". Where it is prepared fresh and delivered to your table.

The menu is extensive, full of Vietnamese food. I ordered the fried spring roll and beef noodles. The spring rolls is the BEST i've had in all my trips to Vietnam (I'm on my 11th trip this year to Hanoi). The fillings cooked just the right amount and the skin crispy but not burnt. The beef in the noodles are also cooked just nice, not too raw nor overcooked. While the soup is also very tasty. It's a pity that i can't order more because i'm alone and can't eat anymore.

This place is strongly recommended, the price is very reasonable, even for Ha

• Visited October 2013
New York
“Great Food, Great Value”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had the prawns with lemongrass and chile. I also had a beer. The food was great and the cost was $8 with a tip. It is just down the block from the Movenpick Hotel making it extremely convenient for lunch or dinner

Visited October 2013