“The best I had”

Ranked #35 of 2,258 Restaurants in Hanoi
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“The best I had”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Big queue of locals is evidence enough this place is good. 50k for a big bowl with two types of beef and bags of flavour. Go here.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
“Very Authentic”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Went looking for an authentic Vietnamese Pho restaurant and decided to try after seeing how many locals were slurping on a steaming bowl of Pho Bo. Ordered 2 bowls of Pho Bo with my girlfriend and sat shoulder to shoulder with locals (we were the only foreigners in there) and got stuck into the tasty broth with amazingly tender beef. Lots of flavour and was a decent size for $2.50. Restaurant is dirty and doesn't look very appealing but this is part of the appeal of the place. Don't be a snob and give it a go as you won't believe how good it is.

• Visited December 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Unforgettable pho”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is the best pho I've ever had. Went there around 6.30AM. Some people were already there having their pho. Ordered pho tai nam, the most expensive menu they have, paid $2 for one bowl of pho with 2 kind of meat. The pho is perfect, especially for breakfast !! Love it. Will surely go to Hanoi again for this pho.

• Visited September 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Definitely the best pho in Hanoi”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I heard about Pho Gia Truyen several times but only managed to try it last weekend. There was quite a long queue when I arrived. Fortunately the owner work very efficiently so I don't have to wait long. When I taste the pho, it definitely worth the wait under the cold weather. The broth is excellent and meat is generous. On the table they have choices of vinegar and chili sauce, I tried the chili sauce and it's a good combination with the broth. The only thing I would like them to improve probably use less MSG because it always left me with strange after taste.

• Visited November 2013
Sydney
“As good as it gets!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Having eaten Pho Bo all over Vietnam and the world imho this is the best Pho Bo that I have eaten by far. The soup is divine and the beef is tender. And the ambience (which a number of reviewers have negative feelings) enhances the taste. Just the way street food should be eaten. In my stay in Hanoi I have been here THREE TIMES for breakfast! I have also tried Pho 10 but it doesn't compare. Now that I am back in Sydney I still dream about this heavenly bowl of Pho Bo.

• Visited October 2013