Pho Gia Truyen
Ranked #45 of 2,474 Restaurants in Hanoi
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Service attitude and the Pho contained too much beef. The soup was not my favourite. Compare to Pho Au Trieu or Pho Ly Quoc Su I would rate this Pho Gia Truyen the worse. Although it takes only more ten minutes from my home but I'd rather pass by:(. No idea why people keeping coming there, may be due to the video clip on board Vietnam Airlines:)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

When I ask the staff at front desk where I can try Pho in Hanoi and they recommend this restaurant for me. Very near to our hotel and it takes 2 minutes walk there
Good Pho here but we have to wait and serve ourselve. Good for who prefer beef. in this Pho shop, they just serve you noodle soup with beef only. I tried Pho in other restaurant but I found that, beef noodle is the best.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Our hotel recommended this place for the beef pho. It was about 10 minutes from our hotel, Charming Hotel 2.
It was very cheap, we had the rare and well done beef noodles and also a bowl of the fried dough. Very good and cheap. Definitely worth trying when in Hanoi!

1  Thank futomaki79
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Okay here's the deal. The Pho is tremendously good as others have pointed out. Get it with the doughnuts to complete the experience. However, I can directly trace eating here to getting a wicked bout of traveller's diahrrea that required Zithromax to deal with. It may have something to do with the slim to non-existent hygiene practices. As one local told me after I ate the first few spoonfuls, turn your beef under the water and let it cook a few minutes before digging in. To be fair, my spouse ate here as well and didn't suffer the same fate.

2  Thank Lyndon L
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Allow me to share our story that would make you cherish the Pho here.
We came here on our very first night and this was 8pm at night, there were heaps of locals (good sign already) and there were no menu card. We looked around while blocking potential customers and found a board on the wall with four items, the top was the most expensive (~7000 dongs) and the last item was (~3000 dongs). The lady understands basic english so don't worry if you can't speak Vietnamese. Because there were 5 of us, we ordered everything on the menu and it turns out that there were a mix of chicken and beef, just beef and just chicken, while the cheapest turns out to be chinese donuts.
Our order came out in no time and we dug straight into it! My lord was this the best soup I have ever had, the condiments and toppings just topped everything off. There was only slurping around our table and that is the sign of good food making its way to our stomachs.
I have to say, the north and the south Vietnamese have very different takes on their Pho and the north is more about basic flavours and the south is more sweet and flavours of the herbs.
I recommend anyone in Hanoi to eat here every night!
We went back the second day and found that it only opens for dinner service, so we decide to shop around Hanoi came back at about 9pm and they were sold out! We had to leave the next day, so my advice is whatever you do, pay this place a visit as it is the greatest Pho I have ever had!