“Great Vietnamese restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ly Club Hanoi

Ly Club Hanoi
Ranked #109 of 2,168 Restaurants in Hanoi
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Inspired by the legacy of this great dynasty, Ly Club invites our esteemed guests to enjoy a sensory feast by indulging in the tastes and textures of our innovative cuisine while opening their hearts and minds to the visual and acoustic pleasures of a variety of traditional Vietnamese performance art.
Shoalhaven, Australia
“Great Vietnamese restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

A visit to this restaurant was fantastic. We thoroughly enjoyed the great food. Air conditioning a little cool though but could not fault the food. We found the selection great, the service great would not hesitate to go back gain if we come to Vietnam again.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Helen G

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
“Wonderful Colonial Setting Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

The furnishings in Ly Club set the mood for a wonderful evening of food and service. The food was very fresh and worth every cent, this is a litte expensive for Hanoi but the presentation, taste and variety is worth it, my husband and I had a very romantic dinner here, excellent service, nice quiet atmosphere even though the restaurant was full, make sure you make a reservation especially on the weekend. The table next to us was a family of 4, 2 small children and they all loved their meals, the staff were great with the kids and they also enjoyed the experience.

1 Thank Traveller_Chelly10
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Hard time to understand why they are Certificate of Excellence 2014”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Food is so-so and is not worth the money. It ashame that the very basic does not live up to the image, setting and history.

1 Thank Foolisimo
Durham, United Kingdom
“Colonial experience in a colonial setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

This upmarket restaurant is located in an old colonial building in Hanoi's French Quarter. The concierge in my hotel had made a reservation for me, and I arrived a little late as I walked from the Old Quarter and got a little lost. The woman waiting outside on the street initially queried my reservation, but when she found it on her list she smiled and joked that I shouldn't have got lost as my hotel was just round the corner. That was a nice way to recover the situation and introduce me to the Club. She showed me inside and I was seated alone in the sumptuously decorated restaurant. A pianist in an evening gown was playing cover versions of an interesting choice of western songs (I remember one being Eric Clapton's 'Wonderful Tonight'), which completed the colonial experience nicely. My waiter was very friendly and polite, and helped me choose an enticing Vietnamese meal from the long list of Western, Asian and fusion items on the menu. I chose the Nem Truyen Thong - Hanoi Spring Roll, which arrived elegantly arranged with a sweet and sour sauce to dip into. The waiter recommended Ca Tuyet Sot Xi Dau - Steamed Snowfish, Ly Style (with soy sauce, ginger, spring onion and coriander), which was served with rice and a portion of Morning Glory. I enjoyed the delicately steamed fish (Cod to me!) very much indeed, and decided to stick to Hanoi beer rather than choose from the extensive wine list. I finished with the trio of Creme Brulees: green tea, passion fruit and ginger, which stole the show for me. I love Creme Brulee, and these were the probably the most enjoyable I have ever eaten. This was the easily most expensive meal I ate in Hanoi, costing the equivalent of £35, but I think it was worth it. The restaurant were beautiful and tastefully decorated, the waiters and waitresses very pleasant, professional and helpful and the food excellent and pleasantly presented. There was an impressive attention to detail given to every aspect of this restaurant. I suspect the price means that few Vietnamese will eat the Ly Club - there certainly were not any present during the evening I spent there. However, that added to the colonial experience for me, and I enjoyed my Vietnamese meal in this classic colonial setting.

1 Thank Robin H
Stockholm, Sweden
“Far below expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

People we met recommended this restautant and when we arrived the whole street was cealed by police and military because of prominent guests in this restaurant which seemed promising. The atmosphere of the place was good and we were well received. When we however looked at the menus with several options requiring a minimum of two persons and tried to work out a solution which would work for non-sea food eaters, things started to become problematic. After several attempts to work out a good solution, we had to settle for a menu we didn't really want but it was the only option. The food turned out to be boring or sometimes even poor with nuts so overcooked they were like old peas, a soup that didnt taste anything and sausage on mashed potato not even worthy a hotel breakfast bufé. We rated every dish and never made it over 3,5 on a scale from 1-5. The street food we have eaten has by far been better. To be fair, the street food has been really really good, but I had really expected more from this place.

• 3 of 5 bubbles