“What? Barbeque it yourself?”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bo Tung Xeo - CLOSED

Bo Tung Xeo
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“What? Barbeque it yourself?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed in HCMC for around 4 days and on the last day we went to Bo Tung Xuo.
This might be the best decision of the whole holiday, not expecting anything we went in after we were dropped of by the taxi, and saw Vietnamese people everywhere! We were the only westeners! But we didn't care as the tour guide said it was ''popular with Vietnamese''
We were placed at a long table between two groups of Vietnamese people, the first thing I noticed was a group of men right next to us drinking Sakeh and laughing, there were empty bottles of sakeh on the floor.
Meanwhile I was looking at the Menu and I couldn't make a choice so one of the guys next to us leaned towards me and introduced himself, he would tell me what to order so he said.
He recommended some meat, rice and spring rolls.
So we ordered those and I got into a conversation with this man, after 10 minutes he noticed we were Dutch so he started laughing. ''I work at organon, I've visited the Netherlands a few times'' he said and he told us he went to Oss and different cities in Holland. It was interesting hearing about Vietnamese locals visiting Holland.
Meanwhile the food arrived, and there was a barbeque placed on the table, we could finally start barbequeing!
That's when I realized this was the charm of the restaurant, it was cheap, there were only locals and the food was really tasty.
The staff spoke a few words English but enough to understand us ordering meals and asking for the bill so that was no problem.

• Visited August 2011