Camellia Hotel 6
$177
$108
Panpacific.com
Great 4.5/5
Splendid Star Grand Hotel(Hanoi)
$30
$132
$119
JW Marriott
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsdouble room with balconyflight bookingsmall alleywayold quarternice balconybasic hotelwater heatergreat central locationhotel is locatedside streetcomfy bedtop floorfridgetoursvietnamtaxibathtub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Very basic room, but clean.
Night staff barely speaks english and was not helpful at all (on the other hand, morning staff was very helpful at solving some problems we had which were not related to them).
Breakfast included but very limited (only toasts and a little bit of fruit).
We only stayed one night, but maybe would have changed if staying longer in Hanoi (even if the room was OK)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SpanishCoupleNP
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed here for three nights, and booked tours to Sapa and Halong bay with this hotel. Very friendly couple, very good service. Not very luxurious, but good price/quality.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This hotel exceeded all expectation.Our Aussie travel agents cheapest hotel was A$52 and said goodluck! when we booked in Camellia6 for $21 american per night. We e-mailed directly to the lady phuong on the video and got prompt answers.As occasional travellers we worried but should not have bothered ourselves.Airport pickup no problem.Room large,air conditioned,balcony,good care and understanding.Walk to lake.Old Quarters.All services like laundary and brekkie.Staff is family,personable and fairdinkum.They do travel(we went to Sapa that phuong organised and it went like clockwork) If I say any more it will seem excessive.Hands down better than motel accommodation in oz. So pleased we didnt settle for the expectancies of the Australian travel agencies(dead set !......check out video on google under Camellia 6)......there are other camellia hotels in Hanoi so get the address at16A Trung Yen Lane,Dinh Liet Str correct

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights and tried both the big and the small rooms. The big room has a small balcony and the room is relatively large. However when we stayed in the small room on day 2, it was where the drama started. We were given a room first but as soon as we entered the room, there was a BIG flying cockroach in the room!!! We soon requested the reception that we would like to change our room. The second room we were given looked better, however, when my husband was about to take a shower, there was again a big COCKROACH in the bathroom!!!! The reception promised to change us to a big room when the room became available (it was early in the morning) but he wasn't the owner. When the owners returned, we explained the situation to them and they didn't change us to a big room as promised and pretended nothing had happened. No room change, no apologies, nothing. We soon found ourselves a better hostel and cancelled our 3rd night booking with them. So avoid this hostel if you can as there are plenty of choices.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mjryan
camelliahanoi, Manager at Camellia Hotel 6, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Dear Mjryan
Thank you very much indeed for your nice comments and your big supporting us on this forum as hope you all doing well .We want to say thank you for your staying in our hotel Iam very so sorry about the problem during the time you stayed at Camellia hotel 6. and we are hope on the next time if you coming back with us we will have better room and better service for all of you.
Welcoming you back to Camellia hotel 6 again soon.
Thank you so much.
I look forward to see all of you again.
Best regards
Phuong Nguyen

Reviewed May 25, 2011

- CHECK IN PROBLEMS - We had pre-booked the hotel advising we were arriving around 6:00 AM after the overnight train from Lao Cai. On arrival, the placed was hidden behind a roller door and the taxi driver had to bash really hard to get anyone to come to the door. On opening the door, it was obvious that the guy had been woken up. He then had no idea of our booking. It took about 20 minutes just for him to locate room keys. Since in our group was an aged person with bad knees, we pre-booked a downstairs room since there was no lift. Instead, the reception guy tried to give her a top floor room. Obviously our pre-booking made no difference. From arriving at the door to actually entering our rooms a time frame of over half an hour elapsed.
- ROOMS -There is only one downstairs room which is right at the back of the narrow corridor, has no windows and stunk of mold and mildew. The room itself felt damp. My partner and I were given a room on the top floor. The stair are so very steep. Traveling with our infant child made it a treacherous climb. Reluctantly they allowed us to change rooms to the first floor. I had a shower in that top floor room before they moved us. With the hot water tap on full, the water was barely warm. Beds are old foam mattresses that "shape to your body". In other words, you sink into the mattress. I had a crook back after the one night we stayed there. - BREAKFAST - This hotel can give a claim to fame of serving the worst coffee in all of Vietnam. Terrible. Apart from being bland, I am sure it was stale from the previous day. Breakfast was very basic (bread and eggs or noodle soup). If I was a betting man, I might have backed a bet on which was the fastest rat. Two large rats were apparently racing each other under the tables. After breakfast one of those rats or maybe yet another ran up the stairs ahead of me.
- STAFF - after our check in problems, I could not fault reception staff at all. Kitchen staff however were another story. Since we arrived early we were not entitled to free breakfast on arrival. Instead of serving us and telling us we would need pay, they instead ignored us. I mean literally ignored us. They would not respond even to our calling to them. Fortunately, the reception guy intervened and the waitress attended. I asked for a menu. After asking a further 3 times maybe 5 minutes apart, I finally got a menu. Same attitude prevailed trying to place an order. After ordering, at least 15 minutes elapsed and this was after further prompting did the coffee arrive. It was room temperature and bland/stale. A further 10 or so minutes arrived before the waitress delivered the eggs and bread. On request of a fresh cup of coffee, a further wait of 20 minutes. Between sitting down to breakfast and leaving the table an hour and 12 minutes had elapsed - we timed it !. service was terrible.
- CLEANLINESS - Rat droppings in the rooms and down the corridor was perhaps the worst to describe, but generally the floors were not properly swept, with cracked and broken tiles throughout.
- SLEEP QUALITY - Noise noise noise. Not just street noise, but there was this damned bell being frequently sounding off inside the hotel somewhere near the rear. I have no idea what it was. I am assuming it was the front buzzer since the reception was frequently unattended and it stopped ringing around midnight.
- OVERALL SUMMARY - I recently did a review saying the AN PHU HOTEL at Hoi An was the worst I ever stayed in Vietnam. I can now say this one is.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank DarwinAustralia

Dear Sir/Madam,

Dear Sir/ Madam
That is wonderful gift for us and I would first to say a word of THANK for every things you did for me .
Just to let you know that how happy we are when we reading your review on this forum as you made us higher. We are so appreciated about that.
Iam so sorry about all problem during the time you stay in my hotel.I will make to repaire all of my service getting better .I realy hope you will come back with me again to check all my service has chance.

Hope you are doing well and we are looking forward to welcoming you, your friends and your family in the future.

With my best wishes