“Good food at tourist prices”
Review of Jaspas Restaurant

Jaspas Restaurant
Ranked #194 of 2,550 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This restaurant is located at Somerset Grand Hanoi Apartments near the Old Quarter. B/c we stayed there, we were given complimentary breakfasts everyday. The cost is usually $8/person for the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. It was good, nothing special. Consistently and reliably good food. We did room service a couple of times, too, and the svc. was fast and food good. Again, nothing too special.

1  Thank Myle G

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Having breakfast at Jaspas is a lovely way to start the day. For a reasonable price of about $8, you enjoy a good western style buffet breakfast with all the usual suspects - baked goods like muffins, loaves, toast, salads, cold cut meats, eggs the way you like it, bacon, sausage, fruit, diary, juices, cereals, a decent variety of cooked vegs and meats...... All of them were fresh, properly done, tasty.

For my visit there, I got a table beside the windows overlooking the streets and it was actually kind of relaxing and therapeutic to watch the morning light fall on Hanoi and the streets come to life. I was there really early - about 630am - after catching a night train at the nearby Hanoi railway station and it was certainly a refreshing way to start the day after a bumpy night.

The interior of the restaurant is trendy and I believe it got renovated not so long ago so everything is good and new. The service is also good, prompt and non intrusive.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The place has improved after the excellent renovation. The new menu is fine and the food excellent. The friendly management and staff make you feel very comfortable.
The restaurant with a nice buffet is now separated from the bar and the new interior is really first class.
Very good place to have a after work drink, lunch or dinner in Hanoi.

1  Thank filoni01
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Jaspas has good Western food and drink for Ha Noi. I never thought of it as much better than average. I usually went there to meet friends and never on my own volition. It is fine if you have a "hankering" for something western while in Ha Noi.

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

This place is currently undergoing a facelift and for their sake I hope it goes beyond the decor
It's the third time I've stayed in the Somerset hotel so on previous visits the restaurant was inside the building (it's temporarily in a 'tent' outside)
The service has always been poor and I recall from previous visits how low the standard of the food was (and still is)
It's so bad that despite the fact that my room rate includes breakfast I won't be setting foot in the place again for the remainder of my stay. I'd rather walk outside and pay (again)
Perhaps this is part of the problem - when I asked if I could switch to a room-only rate I was told that this wasn't possible - this place has a captive audience & so can afford to be poor without it effecting trade
The staff are rude (I've never experienced anything like it) and incompetent. It's only some staff- like anywhere some are charming but I consider it a failure of the management that the bad ones continue.
Sorry to have to report this but I do believe in being absolutely honest for the greater good of Trip Advisor - for better or for worse!

1  Thank solar_uk