“lovely restaurant”
Review of Foodshop 45

Foodshop 45
Ranked #138 of 2,341 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Hanoi, Vietnam
“lovely restaurant”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Lovely indian foods, the foods are very delicious actually I did not know very much about indian foods but the first time i have been here, the staffs introduced for me some foods with Nan, I love to eat some soup with Nan like bean or mango...

Visited March 2013

• Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Food is not authentic”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My friends and me went to West Lake and we saw this place in Truc Bach street n we know this is Indian Restaurant so we tried it.We tried Indian food many times before and we love Indian food verry much. But actually Indian food in Food shop 45 is not authentic. Chicken curry was not good but nan was ok to me. I like lassi there.
Its not really Idian but till good, nice view, place is small but nice.
Can give 3 stars for food!

• Visited February 2013
Quebec City, Canada
“Amazing decor, good indian food”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We wend to FoodShop on Valentine's night. They put roses petals on the table, that was cuttie. We had a very good meal, tasty. The place is very quiet, just in front of a lake and the ambiance was very romantic. As everywhere else in Vietnam, they just don't get it when you order appetizers, and always bring the main course at the same time haha. But, overall, that was a very good experience, we enjoyed it and will certainly go back with more friends to taste more things ! For all we ate, with a bottle of Dalat Wine (the cheapest, don't have high expectations!) it cost us 500 000 VND, wich we found very reasonable. Ambiance was nice, service was good.

• Visited February 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Better Indian food than in Sydney!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Witt a great ratin we gave the place a go. Beautiful service with great food to match. Not sure why people comment on the authenticity of the food... Beats anything we have in Sydney. Good value but pricey for Vietnam. Starters about $4 and mains around $9. We ordered mixed pakoras, tandoori chicken, chicken tikka jalfrezi, beef vindaloo. Very tasty and good level of spice. Naan breads and rice to share were fresh and plentiful.
New location for same restaurant just opened in city centre but very relaxing and calming views across water await you at this location.

Singapore
“An Indian restaurant but not suited if you are looking at real authentic Indian Stuff”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I happened to go to this restaurant as I was staying at the Sofitel and being a vegatarian there were not too many options around the hotel. I went with a Vietnamese colleague of mine who was staying with me in Sofitel as well. THe masala papad came with a salad on the side and a plain papad, this is very unlike masala papad. I ordered Dal Makhni and Malai kofta and frankly both were notvery good. However, my colleague who was not exposed to Indian food found the food nice. The service was good. At the end they did not have any aftermint which is a standard in any Indian restaurant. Being an Indian, I did not find the food good.But that was my personal opinion. Peshawari Naan was so so but the garlic naan was good. Will not go there out of choice but if I am staying in the same place again, I may nothave too many choices.

• Visited December 2012