“Very nice indian food”
Review of Foodshop 45

Foodshop 45
Ranked #145 of 2,346 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very nice indian food”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Very nice place on Truc Bach Lake. Take out or delivery also available. Reasonable prices and good food. Tastes like in India. Service sometimes not very smiley.

Visited September 2012

• Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Fantastic Indian food. We eat a lot of it in my family and this was some of the best - and even some of the best food we had on our Vietnam trip (although we had a ton of good food). The atmosphere is great - so many different areas to sit in - we sat on a higher floor on the floor. They were quite accommodating for my two year old who kept getting up to dance to the Indian music (there was no one else eating in the room with us). If you want Indian, you can't go wrong with this place!

• Visited May 2012
Hanoi
“a definite favourite”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I've no idea how many times i've eaten at/ordered from foodshop 45, at least weekly! This place is great, good quality Indian food at great prices and the restaurant has nice views looking out towards Truc Bac Lake. Service is always great, both the wait staff and the delivery guys.

• Visited November 2012
Prague
“Very solid choice for Indian in Hanoi”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have been to Hanoi 3 times this year and I had been wanting to eat at Foodshop 45 the previous 2 times but finally made it this trip. I am a big fan of Indian food and I was frequenting the other Indian restaurants in Hanoi (and in fact Saigon, Hoi an, Mui Ne and Nha Trang).

My first trip to Foodshop 45 was for dinner and I was very impressed with the food, service and general ambience fronting the lake. I saw that they had a lunch special with the same main as I ordered for dinner so decided to go to lunch a few days later. However, I have to say that lunch was below par and the food seemed preprepared and not totally fresh, nor flavorful and the nan bread was not fully cooked and a bit soggy. It could have been bad luck that day or the demand on the kitchen but it was not satisfactory.

I therefore decided to go back for dinner and told them about my lunch experience and I have to report that it was again quite good. In my view Vietnam is blessed with some excellent Indian restaurants and now I include Foodshop 45 among them. For the best ambience (and maybe food) I would suggest dinner. Service was consistently good.

• Visited October 2012
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Always order for delivery here”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We really like this restaurant and for us it is the place to go to or to order for home delivery when we are in the mood for Indian food. Good foods with reasonable prices and a water front view. The restaurant also offers a few seating arrangements: normal tables and chairs, low bamboo tables and chairs or on the floors with cushions. If we go there to eat, it's just my husband and me because my children do not like Indian foods yet but we tend to order foods for home delivery though and the leftovers taste so good after even a few days in the fridge.

• Visited October 2012