Review Highlights
Extremely efficient Transfers between destinations!

We were picked up from our Hotel in Hoi An and driven to Hue, with a friendly driver, who showed us... read more

Reviewed March 30, 2020
X5317REsuzanneh
Sunshine Coast, Australia
A great way to try authentic Vietnamese food!

We loved this tour - Our guide Mai was just fantastic. She took us into tiny local restaurants... read more

Reviewed February 23, 2020
nickm252
Melbourne, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Hanoi
from $130.00
from $42.00
from $34.88
from $31.80
1,647 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 6, 2017

My family of 4 from Germany really had an unforgettable time in Phu Quoc thanks to Nghia's effort. We did have no idea where to stay in Phu Quoc during your public holidays as all hotels and resorts seemed to be fully booked by the time I arrived in Vietnam. Fortunately, a friend of mine recommended Buffalo Tours and then I had a chance to work with Nghia. He somehow managed to get us a very nice resort with rooms available for my family. Its location was perfect and the price was eminently reasonable which we could not expect anything more. Nghia is also very heplful in recommending us the transfer from Ca Mau to Phu Quoc as well as some domestic flights during our journey.
Thank you Nghia again for your professional and friendly service. Will strongly recommend Nghia & Buffalo Tours to anyone out there who is planning to visit Vietnam.

Date of experience: April 2017
BuffaloTours_advisor, Regional Client Experience Team Leader at Buffalo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2017

Dear Hien,
Thank you for taking the time to share this great review here on TripAdvisor (as well as your kind words sent directly via email!). We really do appreciate it, and please know that I have already shared your wonderful comments with our team, including Nghia and his supervisor. Do let us know when you are next in Asia!
Warm regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

Lady stationed at Liberty Central Hotel was very rude and ill mannered! Gave me wrong information! Told them I need to consider first. Immediately she said, you know that you already considered for one day. What the hell? I politely told her the information previously given to me was incorrect and she asked me in a very suspecting tone that I was lying! Why would I lie when I am a tourist wanting to take up the tour to Mui Ne! Booked another tour agency instead. Pls teach your staff basic respect and manners!

Date of experience: May 2017
BuffaloTours_advisor, Regional Client Experience Team Leader at Buffalo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Dear Tomieto,
Thank you for taking a moment to share a review here on TripAdvisor. I am trust this was a miscommunication, perhaps caused by a language barrier between yourself and our consultant. Most travelers have found our team of consultants in HCMC to be very amicable and friendly, but we have nevertheless taken this message to heart and shared it among the team.
Happy travels to you,

Reviewed May 1, 2017

Our travel agent booked Buffalo Tours for our tour through Vietnam and we were super impressed with the whole end to end service. Four us of travelled from Hanoi, to Halong Bay, Hue, Hoi An, HCMC, Can Tho and the Mekong Delta. During that time we enjoyed the company and knowledge passed on from our three guides. We were met at each airport and transferred to our own private mini bus and taken to our hotel and every time it was a very smooth stress free transition. We felt totally safe with our guides whether on foot or on long road trips. At the end of each stage the guide accompanied us to the airport check in desk having checked us in on line where possible and then took us to the start of security checks. So they ensured that they did us much as possible for us right to the point where they could go no further. And of course when we landed the excellent service started again with the guide for that area. Given the number of flights involved in our holiday and the number of road trips we thought we might get a bit travelled out after a while but no, the way the whole package was run and the quality of the guides meant that everything went far smoother than we could ever have wished for.
We saw some amazing places and learnt an awful lot about the country, its history, culture, food and people. Even on the long road trips the guides seemed to know everything about everywhere even in the middle of nowhere. Where lunch was included it was very good and we have come back with a real love of Vietnamese food and coffee.
I apologise for mispelling our guides names but Nguyen in Hanoi, Minh from there to Hoi An and Chinh for HCMC and Mekong Delta were just great guys and we all cannot thank them enough. Being late 50s early 60s we had a soft spot for Minh who is around our age and he was the most humble gentle man who experienced the war with America as a young boy. We just wanted to hug him
Thank you Buffalo for help making our trip of a lifetime even more memorable than we could have imagined.

2  Thank Humies
BuffaloTours_advisor, Regional Client Experience Team Leader at Buffalo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2017

Dear Humies,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this great review about your recent holiday in Vietnam with Buffalo Tours! We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with our team. Please trust that I will pass your kind words along to your guides, as well as to their respective supervisors. :)
Looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Asia!

Reviewed May 1, 2017

Giang at Buffalo helped us plan a family trip to Viernam and Cambodia. She made the whole experience fun and stress-free. She was there every step of the way and we didn't have to worry about a thing. The guides picked us up at the airports, brought us to our hotel, then told us when guides would meet us next. The trip was very well coordinated. Each of the hotels she suggested were wonderful and the tours she suggested in Ho Chi Minh (cooking class, city tour) Chu Chi tunnels), Hoi An (highlights and hidden charm walking tour), farm and fishing tour), Hanoi (city tour) Halong Bay (1-night cruise) and Siem Reap (Angkor Wat, Ta Prahm, zip lining, Floating Villiage) were all great for my family (my kids are 8 and 11). The tour guides were fun to hang out with for the day and they flexible when we wanted to change plans. I highly recommend working with Buffalo if you're planning a trip to Southeast Asia. It's well worth the money!

Dear Lesli,
Thank you very much for taking a moment to share this nice comment about the Buffalo Tours Cambodia and Vietnam teams! It's great to know that you and Giang were able to work together to come up with such a great itinerary! Please trust that I will pass your kind words on to Giang, her supervisor, and the rest of the team that made your trip such a success!
We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Southeast Asia!

Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

Tang was on time, polite, friendly and informative. All this made for a wonderful stroll around the Old Quarter & French Quarter. As we tasted food, Tang talked to us about Vietnamese history & life. We felt we learned a great deal from him. Highly recommended tour & guide.

Dear execva,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this great review about your recent Street Eats tour with Buffalo Tours! We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with our team. Please trust that I will pass your kind words along to your guide Thang, as well as his supervisor. :)
Looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Asia!