“The Classics never get out of style.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hanoi Old Centre Hotel

Hanoi Old Centre Hotel
Ranked #7 of 566 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“The Classics never get out of style.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

Although there are tons of new(er) hotels in Hanoi, this one is one of the few that stands out from the rest. The service is way beyond expectations. They replied to my email within 10 minutes, they bought train tickets for us in advance without any deposit, they sent an assitant to carry our luggage until we board the long-haul train. C'mon tell me, can anyone beat that?

Room Tip: You have an option to either get a room here or you can book to their other site which is Hanoi Gues...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank mervinmer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Foshan, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

I arrived in Hanoi late at night so I ordered a pick up from the airport. I was not picked up and left stranded at the airport at 1am. I was not going to get in a taxi and ask them to take me to a hotel that failed to pick me up, nor be taken to a random place, so I spent the might sleeping in a chair at the airport.

The next morning I sent the hotel an email cancelling my reservation. They were very apologetic, said that someone else had taken my ride and offered to pay compensation. They wanted to apologise in person, and offered to come to where I was staying if I could not drop by.

I had arranged alternative accommodation as a friend was meeting me in Hanoi, but a couple of nights later we decided to stay the night here; we paid $29 for the basic twin and they upgraded us to the deluxe suit for no extra charge. The rooms are comfortable, and come with complimentary water and snacks. We had an enjoyable stay.

Staff were always very friendly and helpful.

They looked after my luggage while I went backpacking at Sapa and then on my return I had decided to stay again so I was picked up from the train station at 5am free of charge and I also had a free breakfast.

I spent my last day in Hanoi relaxing at the hotel with internet and movie channels and they organised my taxi the airport at 6am the following morning.

The hotel is in an excellent location for exploring Hanoi, just a few mins from the lake (the airport shuttle bus stops 15 min walk away).

For whatever reason a mistake happened with my airport pick up, but they did do everything possible to make up for it - that is customer service - unfortunately something that is lacking in many places nowadays. Judgement should be based on how people react to a mistake, rather than the mistake itself, and the reaction and continued treatment here shows me that customer satisfaction is very highly regarded.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank bookowl1000
Kent UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

The staff here are so friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. The hotel was excellent value for money with the rooms being fairly basic but clean and comfortable beds. We did have rooms facing the front to begin with and enjoyed the hussle and bussle of the street but decided to move to a room at the back of the hotel our return from Halong Bay as it was quite noisy. The hotel is in a good location for seeing Hanoi and its good to be central. Last time we stayed we were outside of the city so it was nice to be able to walk straight out of the hotel to see the main sights.
The staff 'Twee and Twee' were great and recommended our cruise for Halong Bay with Imperial which was first class and excellent value. (Food delicious)!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the back if you're a light sleeper or rooms at the front if you want to look do...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Curtisden
Jerteh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

well, for us it was quite cheap as it is located in the centre of Hanoi Old Quater.
The hospitality- was perfect!
the room and the price, amazingly incredible.
we love everything about the hotel. the cleanliness, the room, the service and the location.
well worth to stay here indeed!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank NellySamsuddin
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay. We stayed here a few different times after our trips to Sapa and Hoi An. Ms. Thuy and her staff are fantastic and very helpful. I like the fact that the rooms are clean including the bed sheets and bath towels. The non-existence of an enclosed shower is something to get use to (as is most hotels in Vietnam), but the bathroom do dry up and slippers are provided. I would suggest upgrading to a Deluxe Balcony for a bit of extra room if you are travelling with a companion because the rooms are small and cozy especially the Superior with window.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Noodle Head
Blue Mountains, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

I can understand the high ratings this hotel gets.

Great room, clean, great location... etc. But what makes this hotel so good is the staff and service. We experienced probably the best service of any hotel that we have ever stayed in. Communication with Ms Thuy before we arrive was prompt and excellent. The staff arranged our Halong Bay trip at a cheaper price than what others on the boat paid, we also booked the Perfumed Pagoda trip at a better price than others. They arranged our Sapa and Hue trains. When we arrived back from Sapa in the early morning they allowed us to use a room at no charge for a nap and to freshen up even though we were not staying there that night and also provided us a free breakfast.

Our room was on the 6th floor facing the road and we had no issue with noise (and I'm a light sleeper).

I will definitely stay here again if I go back to Hanoi and definitely recommend the hotel as a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jon B
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

Our extended family travelled to Vietnam over the new year season and were impressed by the friendly and helpful staff of the Hanoi Old Centre Hotel. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable and the location fantastic, just a block from the lake and around the corner from Silk Street. Thuy and Thuy our lovely hotel administrators and all the staff of the hotel were so welcoming and wonderful with the children in our group, we felt very safe, relaxed and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family