“Great Evening Street Food Tour”

Hanoi Free Local Tours
Ranked #33 of 197 Food & Drink in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hanoi Free Local Tours (HFLT), a non-profit organization, is established to bring tourists and locals together. Therefore, Tourists can truly explore our culture, custom, history and local people have the opportunity of reaching their full potential . Tourists coming to Vietnam will have the chance to talk, make friends with locals so you could have a deep understanding of our country.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Evening Street Food Tour”
Reviewed March 16, 2017

We had a great time with Nga from Hanoi Free Local Tours. She is great company, kind, knowledgable and thoughtful. She met us from our hotel very promptly and even though it was quite late notice and bad weather, she was the perfect host. She was very thoughtful and planned out with us at the begining what foods we were interested in trying. We tried many delicious foods ranging from beef dumplings, pork salad to delicious traditional Vietnamese dessert "che" and ended on a great note with egg coffee. She spoke great English. Highly recommend this to everyone. Many thanks to Nga and her team!

1 Thank Emily M

• Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“3hrs city tour”
Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

We did a 3hr city tour with Suong and Gin. It was very good, from Hoan Kiem Lake we visited french and old quarters, we did the Dong Xuan Market too. Great job.

1 Thank ThomasGohkh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Its like visiting good friends in an unknown city.”
Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

We had a very good time with the two nice girls Dung and Linh. At the beginning, they asked us what we want to see, so it's 100% individual. We said that we trust them to choose the places, so we went to the old quarter, the sword lake and the hoa lo prison. They knew a lot about the history of the places, but in fact almost all the time we just talked about their and our lives, which was super interesting.

I think it's better to visit Hanoi with them, because they can show you special things you won't notice and it's fun to spend time with the locals :)

Thank you Dung & Linh for the good times :)

3 Thank Lucas K
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

As Hanoikids which everyone seems to know is fully booked, I decided to give this new organisation a try.
Despite the initial confusion on the first tour day, everything went smoothly. My guide Thang was great. He was very polite and flexible. I told him what I wanted to do, and he tried his best to accommodate me. Went to few places (Long Bien Bridge, the railway, Temple of Literature, Imperial Citadel of Thăng Long) and ate at a few Street food stalls and restaurants. One of them I went back a couple more times myself afterwards!
Thang also guided me for few hours during the 2nd day.

I would definitely recommend them to anyone. But I would also advise to double check with them the day before the tour to make sure all is OK, as they are new and still have teething problem in organising sometimes.

3 Thank CK242
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great way to discover the city and local life”
Reviewed March 14, 2017

When I decided to visit Hanoi, people warned me about all the negative things they found in their previous trips. My experience, however, became quite contrary to their advice. I enjoyed the chaotic way of the city, thanks to Thanh, my guide for the Hanoi street walking tour.
He taught me the road crossing skill first (it helped me through out my stay in Hanoi).
Then we went to stroll around the Hoan Kiem lake and the French quarter. He was knowledgeable about the monuments and history and we discussed a bit about the life in our countries.
If you are looking for an alternative to commercial tours, maybe this is a good option. It's more relaxed and less exaggerated. I liked it very much.

3 Thank Seiko H