“Bike trip ”

Style Motorbikes
Ranked #103 of 590 Outdoor Activities in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We are Style Motorbikes. A Motorbike shop with locations in Hanoi, Hoi An and Ho Chi Minh. We buy, sell, rent, repair and customise all types of motorbikes. We offer one way rentals between Hanoi, HCM or Hoi An for up to 3 months. You can choose from Detech Wins or Honda semi-automatics depending on your riding ability and what you are looking to do. All our bikes come ready to hit the road after being serviced by our mechanic and fitted with luggage racks and in some cases USB charge and phone holders.
Reviewed March 27, 2017 via mobile

Renting the bikes was super easy and the people were friendly. Bikes were in great condition and easy to drive for all riders. Highly recommend style motorbikes to anyone visiting Vietnam

Date of experience: March 2017
StyleMotorBikes, Owner at Style Motorbikes, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

Hi,

Thank you for the review.

Hope we make your trip memorable.

All reviews
"thank you very much"
"great company"
"northern vietnam"

Reviewed March 27, 2017 via mobile

The guys at the old quarter location set us up with really nice bikes for a 6 day trip my friends and I took. Bikes were reliable, affordable, and the service was fantastic. They get you exactly what you need based on your travel plans. Only place to go in Hanoi for bikes, highly recommended.

Date of experience: March 2017
StyleMotorBikes, Owner at Style Motorbikes, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2017

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the review.

Glad that you are so happy with the service we provide and the bike you got for your trip.

Reviewed March 24, 2017

I bought my bike in August 2016 at the Hanoi shop to motorbike from Hanoi to HCM City. I opted to buy a new Honda Win because I knew I would keep it until I leave Vietnam in 2017.

Having a Win probably isn't the best motorbike for living in the city since you can't store anything in the bike. Aside from that, the bike has been holding together great. Ever since they opened a new shop in HCM City, I've been able to get it serviced from a shop I trust. This shop should be checked out if you ever consider shopping for motorbikes - especially if you're already planning to buy a motorbike off another backpacker for $300+. Trust a reputable shop rather than a fellow backpacker who just wants to get rid of a bike.

Even if the price range is out of your budget, drop by because they have gloves, helmets, masks, etc. The owner is very friendly and has an abundant amount of knowledge on just motorbiking around Vietnam in general.

Date of experience: February 2017
StyleMotorBikes, Owner at Style Motorbikes, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2017

Hi Ian,

Thank you for the review.

Already good to hear that the bikes will last for a long time in the right hands and if you maintain them properly.

We always want to have good quality equipment available for people as well. Safety is very important when you are riding a bike anywhere including Vietnam.

Reviewed March 20, 2017

If you spend 4000km on your motorbike there is only one thing important: You have to have a working machine, no breakdowns. If you go to style you get it. There DETECHs may not be comfortable and are loud like a tank but you can relay on them. I onlyhad 2 flat tyres in one month and once the chain went of.

Plus this you find both in Hanoi and HCMC a team that is enthusiastic and knows how to please the customers and what to do. They show you how to ride a manual bike (no question - you have to take one!) you get a map (route should be optimized to your own interest, the given is "only" 80% perfect).

The price with 180$ is quite high for 4 weeks but if you give back in the other end of the country it is a bargain! The deposit with 390$ is very high and normally you get back in dong which ist not too good. But this are only minor dislikes.

If you want to rent a bike: Go there.

Some advise: Dont go in Winter to the north. I was unlucky and didnt see any sun in 2 weeks. Plus that I had a tempreature from 4-18° with (heavy) rain and smog all the time. It was more a survival trip than pleasant. Think carefuly! In addition, the scenery in Winter is best described as 50 shades of grey and brown. I wouldnt go there again as it takes too much time. Ride only with mask. The pollution is terribile even in the countryside.

Traffic:
Yes it is horribile and dangerous! It seems that no one has basic knowledge of driving. They just dont care about your life. Busses and trucks are a serious threat. But if you drive carefully all the tme (!) you should make it - because you are the only on the street to know how to drive ;) I am not a experienced driver but with not too fast, looking before doing something, dont go opposite direction, only overtake when you see where you go etc you do better than 90% ;)

The main reason to do? The feeling if you give back your "girl" after one month. Feels like a victory. You did it. And you can proudly buy there T-Shirt

Date of experience: February 2017
StyleMotorBikes, Owner at Style Motorbikes, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2017

Hi,

Thank you for the review.

4000km is a good amount to travel with only some flats and a chain coming off so its good to know you didnt have more problems.

You did unfortunately go north at the wrong time of year in terms of the weather. It does get cold and with the rain and fog can be harder to see. That being said some people came back over winter and timed it just right with good weather and views.

The traffic is always a difficult one so long as you drive safe (slow and steady) and try and stay on the quieter roads then we hope you dont see too much traffic.

It is always a sad day when you give back your bike. Everyone is sad to see them leave.

Wear your tshirt with pride how that you have survived.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

I rented a bike from the HCM shop for two weeks. Great service and very friendly staff. At the end of my trip to Vietnam, I forgot about the closing time at 19:00, and stood at the closed shop at 22:00, with a flight leaving at 02:00. I rang the bell, and they opened the shop - And let me return the bike and gave me my passport, gave me a beer and gave me a ride back to the hotel. I cannot express the amount of gratitude i have towards Thanh and the shop in HCM. If the whole motorbike tour of Vietnam seems a bit overwhelming, go here. I have never felt more comfortable or safe with a renting business. The bike was perfect, no breakdowns or anything.

Date of experience: March 2017
StyleMotorBikes, Owner at Style Motorbikes, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2017

Hi Albert,

Thank you for the review.

Its good to know that you appreciated the service. We are always happy to go out of our way to make sure that customers are happy and get anything they need if we are able to provide it.