Party Cruise - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Party Cruise - Private Day Tour

Let me start off that this was an amazing experience. This cruise was perfect for young adults that... read more

Reviewed April 12, 2016
Carlos G
Atlanta, Georgia
Amazing experience with amazing people !

I initially took the one night two day tour. Towards the end of the first day I was so thrilled I... read more

Reviewed April 11, 2016
Rahal W
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 17, 2016

We did the three days and two nights trip. Trip leader, Snake, was really great and the food was good.
It wasn't much of a party though and I won't recommend it to anyone 25 and older. One of my friends also got a tanning bed to sleep on during our night on the boat. We asked for it to be removed and ended up sharing a bed.

At the end, the positives made up for the negatives, Halong Bay is beautiful. Unfortunately, after paying our trip in full, we were not picked up from our hostel to go to the airport, as promised. After almost missing our flight, numerous phone calls and a $35 taxi fare, I was really disappointed as there are many other cruises available in Halong bay.

I organised the trip and felt responsible for their mistake, which everyone had to split at the end. Eish Mr David.... Sneaky, sneaky

Date of experience: January 2016
3  Thank 518angelinev
Reviewed January 10, 2016 via mobile

So to start off you read about a million brochures when deciding what cruise to take through Halong bay, as a group of all about 25 year olds we selected this one based on all the activities it includes via the website and brochure. The boat itself is a little outdated, but not bad by any means. The environment is fun, but all the activities it mentions are basically here say. The kayaks had holes in them, the rock climbing is only possible if your a professional boulderer, karaoke doesn't exist amongst other things. We met an incredible group of people on the boat which is what made the trip so much fun for us, otherwise we would've been rather disappointed. We did the 2 day trip and were told kayaking twice when in fact we did it only once for not even 30 minutes. The schedule is very strict and on an "okay we go now" basis. The second day of the trip you stay at "freedom island" in a dorm style bungalow, the owner of this property is EXTREMELY rude, it's actually surprising they still bring people to the property with him in charge. For a party cruise you are woken up at 7 am and basically told to move like ASAP to check out. All in all the only reason I would recommend this tour is because of the amazing people you meet, the tour company is definitely sub par. The other tours we looked at were geared toward older crowds, with activities like sunrise tai chi, so we are happy with the group we ended up with just felt let down with a lot of open ended promises. Although our tour guide was extremely nice and helpful, because he understood the disappointment amongst majority of the group.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed December 28, 2015

I did the 2 day, 1 night Party cruise and found it to be a good value for your money. We lucked out and had great travellers in our group, many who we've remained friends with since the trip. Drinks on the boat were fairly priced and the organizers did a good job of creating a fun party atmosphere that didn't see to young. The average age seemed to be between 25-30. Highlights include: touring the caves and jumping off the boat. HaLong Bay is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen and the Party Cruise was an awesome way to see it!

Date of experience: October 2015
4  Thank Amy T
Tran Q, Public Relations Manager at Party Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we are very happy you were able to enjoy the amazing scenery of Halong Bay through the Halong Party Cruise.

Reviewed December 18, 2015

Halong Bay is worth visiting because it's spectacular. Unfortunately, the tourism of it does not match up. Most boats are old and basic - most are falling apart. The employees are so friendly and nice but sometimes lacking knowledge of the place. I would go no longer than 3 days - 2 nights with one night on the island and one night on the boat. It's not hugely cultured but geologically is amazing.

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank Soccerc8424
Reviewed December 12, 2015 via mobile

First thing first. We had terrible weather during the tour. So that definitely impacted my enjoyment of the tour. I believe that I would have enjoyed it a lot more with sunny weather. Nonetheless I'll try to do a unbiased review.
I'll do first a full review, overall and then state the specific point that justifies the low score. We took the 2-day party cruise. The staff was helpful during the whole tour but unfortunately the English level was passable at best. Sometimes it was hard to follow simple instructions like don't swim at night. They picked us up at 8:30 in Hanoi and we went to Halong Bay by bus, a trip that took around 4 hours to make (local streets, slow going). We then got in the boat. While it was nothing near the perfect boats that you see in the official site, it was similar to the photos in the TripAdvisor, so we knew what we were gonna get. The cleanliness of the room was subpar (the triple room compared to the double room), and the bathroom shower even had a broken tap. The triple room is small for the number of beds, you barely have one feet separating each bed. The quality of the twin rooms is far far better. We started the tour with the lunch. The food was mainly seafood (and a meat dish for the more squeamish) and it was delicious. Overall the food was diverse and a highlight of the tour. After the lunch we went to visit some caverns in the neighbouring island, and, while interesting, it was not something mind blowing. Afterwards we went kayaking for about an hour and then we could swim around the boat. It was great fun this part, specially jumping from the top of the boat to the water! The dinner was equally delicious as the lunch. Post-dinner we started drinking and partying... The deck became a place to chill and have a nice talk (ring of fire. 'Nuff dais). Oh one thing that warrants a mention... YOU. WILL. NOT. SLEEP. And that is a good thing. So if you want a calm night of sleep, book another tour. Even if you go to the rooms early you won't sleep since the music is extremely loud!
The next day started at 8 am with breakfast (hangover-suffering people needed not to apply). Following that we had some cooking classes. Finally lunch and then back to Hanoi. This was a good tour if you wanted to party for a cheap price (we payed 95 days for the two days). However one thing did destroy our enjoyment of it- initially we booked an Ali Baba Tour, mainly since it had Open Bar from 7 pm to 22:00 pm. This in opposition to a better boat without the free booze. Well as the afternoon settled we found out that the person that we booked the tour with had changed our reservation without warning us. Hence no open bar. That is the reason for the low score of this review. We felt cheated since we got something that was different from what we payed for. Another negative point was that it was too rigid... You had an hour for lunch, then about 30 minutes of some activity etc... You opportunities for free time were limited at best. Overall not a bad experience but I'd choose differently if I had to take it again.

Date of experience: December 2015