Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2010

After all day visiting the beautiful rock formations in the bay - I don't remember all that much about the hotel. It was well maintained, and recently decorated. The room was comfortable. Breakfast buffet was much more "native" than touristy. I'm more western, and had trouble finding food that appealed to me. We traveled with some Asian families, and they were impressed with the buffet. The town doesn't have much going on after dark.

Date of stay: February 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Date of stay: August 2009
Reviewed October 6, 2007

We stayed here on a family trip to Vietnam for the day. The rooms were nice and appeared clean and we had the most spectacular view of Halong Bay. The front desk people were cordial and set us up in our rooms in no time. The rooms we stayed in were what I would classify as 3-3 1/2 stars (the decor was nice and appeared relatively new and the room was neat and tidy). The breakfast buffet selection was great--they had a vast selection of Vietnamese as well as Western-type food (i.e. sausage, eggs, bacon, etc.). The food was decent. Overall, I thought the place was a great stay until my sister saw a roach near the pastries during that morning. I am big on cleanliness so were it not for that, I would have rated this hotel above average to excellent.

Aesthetically, the place is a nice place to stay, but the roach incident ruined it for me.

Date of stay: September 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2007

After coming back from a trip through Vietnam, the Heritage Halong Bay was the most disappointing part of our holiday.

The room was small, dated and the air conditioning smelled unpleasant. The restaurant was also dated and the food wasn't of a very good standard. The bar was musty and the only customers were the local 'ladies'. The pool was dirty and uninviting.

Halong City itself is unappealing. If you are going to visit Halong Bay I would recommend doing an overnight boat trip out on the bay. The boats looked fabulous, and we are very disappointed that we missed out on this opportunity. Try to give the 'city' a miss, the bay itself is so stunning - stick to that!

Date of stay: September 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank omcd
Reviewed October 14, 2006

The hotel was a good choice for just one night, but was nothing special. Overall the price/value ratio was OK, because the room was huge and clean, and the rate very cheap. However, I am sure there are other fancier hotels in Halong.

Date of stay: August 2006