“Vspirit bring Vietnam Spirit to the world.”
other travelers have booked this property
Tuan Chau Marina The Sundeck
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Tuan Chau Marina
The Sundeck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Bobby_Ng
Hoi An, Vietnam
“Vspirit bring Vietnam Spirit to the world.”
Reviewed September 30, 2014 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

I spent 2days 1 night on this boat with a group of friends. We enjoyed every minute here with friendly people and super hospitality during the tine onboard. The food was awsome with fresh seafood. The shrimp burning by limestone in Halong Bay which was special seafood I like most. Highly recommended! Very reasonable price.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: seafood onboard
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
Tim W
North Vancouver, Canada
“Provided a great experience, overcoming weather obstacles!”
Reviewed September 20, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

Group leader Duk worked very hard to keep all group passsengers safe during stormy weather, created options to meet a variety of traveller needs while relocating us off the boat into a hotel night stay, and back onto the boat to continue 2nd day of the trip. All done while translating to a second language, coordinating with company requirements to exceed guest expectations, all with courtesy, professionalism and a smile. Highly recommended!

Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Staff, service offered, entire Halong Bay experience
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
dona45
otterystmary
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed September 4, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

V Spirit cruise was fab- the food was amazing and so much of it. Included a good mix of things not just seafood. Vegetarians also well catered for.Also included was trip to the caves, the beach, kayaking and a cookery demo. Thoroughly enjoyed it and it was great value drinks were extra but they were reasonable prices. Our guide SuSu was brilliant and very funny. 4 hour bus journey to get there from Hanoi was long but ok too. Staff were all great and safety seemed good. Tips: you need to be reasonably fit to climb the steps to the caves. Take your own water or buy from the small boats which visit your bedroom porthole in the evening!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything, except far too much food.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
HBers
Huntington Beach, California
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

The company I wanted to use for our tour of Ha Long Bay was completely booked for our dates (my fault for being a procrastinator) and they recommended V’Spirit. Overall, I was not that impressed. I see that the other reviewers here had a more positive experience, but i can only comment on what it was like for us.

The boat was much dingier than I expected. The outside was full of peeling paint, and the life vests we had to wear in the small “back and forth” boat were covered in mildew. And our bathroom didn’t feel completely clean – a state not helped by the fact that nothing every got dry in there, due to the fact that the shower was just a nozzle coming out of the wall and draining through the floor. (Yes, I’m aware this is the case in many bathrooms in developing countries – but I make a point of avoiding such bathrooms, so I was a little taken aback.)

The food on the boat was very mediocre, which was such a disappointment after being in Vietnam for a week and a half and having some really amazing food. Everything they served us was just bland. I realize they may do that on purpose for us tourists, but it was a real disappointment for us, since a huge part of the travel experience for us is about food. Additionally, they brought out these comically large platters (everything was served family style) and at every single meal more than half the food was left over. Such a waste.

Additionally, the itinerary felt very “canned.” Go here and kayak for one hour, then go there and tour a cave for one hour surrounded by other groups touring said cave… just not my kind of thing. But then again, I somewhat expected this, and I’m not sure how else they could do it, given how popular Ha Long Bay is. But I could certainly do without the stops on the way to and from the bay, at a warehouse/souvenir shop, where we waited for half an hour while the bus got washed and the driver took a break. It just felt very ”here, buy something since we’re forcing you to hang out here.”

On the plus side, the staff/crew on the boat were amazing. Just the nicest, most helpful people you could imagine. Always friendly, always concerned about how they could make things better for you. I wasn’t feeling well when we boarded and everyone was very concerned and tried to find ways to help me. We couldn’t have asked for better service.

Traveling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
DoraDemen...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent cruise- great food and service”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

Wasnt sure about this trip though I might be bored but it was great. V Spirit cruise was fab- the food was amazing and so much of it. Included a good mix of things not just seafood. Also included was trip to the caves, the beach, kayaking and a cookery demo. Thoroughly enjoyed it and it was great value drinks were extra but they were reasonable prices. Our guide May was brilliant and very funny. 4 hour bus journey to get there from Hanoi was long but ok too. Staff were all great and safety seemed good. Thanks for a lovely birthday cake too

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
TWNTVLR
Taipei, Taiwan
“Amazing!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Not only did we get to see amazing views of Holong Bay we also had amazing food and an amazing staff that went above and beyond. This was the highlight of our 9 day trip to Vietnam. We had our 22 month old son with us and they were more than accommodating with him. I would recommend this company to anyone who goes to Halong Bay. This is where we'll go again if we go back.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The staff, food, and views
Liked least: We enjoyed everything
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
begemed
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Halong Bay unmissable and V Spirit a great option to see it.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

Booked on the 2 day 1 night trip. It was great but I do wish I had booked for longer, it just is nt long enough!
The journey itself to Halong Bay is long. Although you are told 3 1/2 hours this does nt include picking everyone up at the hotels and your stops or traffic so it is closer to 5 1/2 hours :-(
However once you get their it is beautiful. You gently cruise though the magnificent cliffs, admiring the scenery, lots of activities are included such as the cave excursion- amazing, beach stop off, hike to top of Islands, Kayaking but to be honest I would of still be perfectly happy just watching the scenery go past!
The boat I stayed on was lovely. It did nt look amazing from outside, but inside it was top notch. I got one of the best cabins which was at the back, and as well as a huge room with 2 walls of windows I had a private balcony too, really clean, nicely decorated and great bathroom too.
The food was really good, being vegetarian they catered amazingly for me. Although one big frustration I had is we were told where we must sit for all meals which was nt good- I was put on a table of Spanish speakers who could nt speak English and I cant speak Spanish. Another slight frustration with meals is as they serve the whole dining room dish per dish meal times can be quite long, first you have to wait till everyone from every table is there, and also you may get full on the earlier stuff then realize more and more is still coming!! but the meals are really good and they put a lot of effort into the quality and presentation of it.
Unfortunately one thing you will notice in Halong Bay is the litter- Although other reviewers have blamed the locals it was mostly tourists I saw sadly doing this, shameful when there are bins everywhere (Penguin bins!!) I did also see plenty of small litter boats that were going out collecting it, but we can all do our bit to help!! :-)
We had Kong as a tour guide and he did a really good job in looking after us.

A great trip and highlight of Vietnam.

Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing