Ways to Experience Halong Bay
from $170.00
from $139.00
from $226.00
10,178 results
All reviews day trip one night limestone islands world heritage site natural wonder bucket list overnight cruise stay overnight visit vietnam cat ba island tour boats junk boat tourist boats beautiful scenery floating village two nights titop island
Reviewed May 24, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I visited Halong Bay as part of an organised tour from Hanoi. We thoroughly enjoyed our overnight cruise and would recommend this experience, even for budget travellers. The only detractor was seeing litter in the water in the area where we went kayaking. Apparently it's been cleaned up a lot in recent years but it's a real shame that there are still plastic wrappers, bags and bottles etc being disposed of thoughtlessly in this amazing place.

Reviewed May 24, 2016

Halong Bay is really beautiful! The views are simply outstanding. The water was calm, the air was clear, you could just easily get lost in all its magnificence .It felt like no other place on earth. We spent just over 1 day and a night on board a junk cruise boat, as part of a tour of Vietnam.
It should have been one of the real highlights of our holiday. The journey we endured, four excruciating hours on a van each way, was well worth it. Exceptional natural beauty. Definitely well worth a visit!

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed May 23, 2016 via mobile

Definitely visit, it is so beautiful. I recommend to book one of the better cruises so you can have a truly spoiling and amazing experience.

I think it is much better to book as a package from Hanoi- you will get better price with transport. Just do your research in the ship- the travel agents always want to sell you their favorites first. You can always come and say make me a package with a specific type of ship.

Reviewed May 23, 2016

I rated this Excellent because I was constantly gob smacked at the beauty of the place and the care and involvement that went into making our time here, brilliant. However I was also surprised at the pollution, both in the "fog" as it's called there and also in the rubbish in the water. There are some lovely spots where you can swim but generally I'd not go in. Having said that, it's definitely worth the trip. The boat we were on (through Vega travel) was fantastic and the tour guide Toan, (pronounced Twan) was funny, helpful and a fountain of knowledge. Do a tour to Cat ba. Brilliant!

Reviewed May 23, 2016

We had two days on Halong. It is a wonderful place with blue sea and white sand. We had two days on luxury cruise and taken a lot of pictures of islands and small bays in Halong, swimming and kayaking in peace beaches. We'd love this journey so much. Thank for Halong Rosa Cruise for arranging fabulous Halong tour for us.

Date of experience: April 2016