Service: Very disappointing. Considering large charges of the property, the level of service did not meet basic 1* standards. The staff does not speak English and cannot accommodate and the owners do not seem willing to assist.
For example: - Drilling above the room at 10PM has been explained as normal maintenance.
- Advising to "make friends" with the insects and animals in the room
- Refusing to take the responsibility for damaged clothes during washing
- A/C out of order, minimal additional heating provided and not at all times
Value: Extra charges for non existing services
Sleep Quality: The guest houses are located in the forest, and some rooms/apartments have holes in the walls/roof, which allow insects and animals to crawl in. Also the cold during winter months and no heating besides small heaters.
Sheets and towels stained.
Cleanliness: Found a rat in the room and heard other guests reported finding the same during their stay. Rats are very common to be seen in the restaurant as well. Numerous geicos, cockroaches, spiders, ants and other insects.
No vacuum cleaner available.
Drawers with horrible odor when opened.
Location: Tuan Chau island is quite a deserted area in Ha Long Bay and most cruises start from Ha Long city, which is about 20-30min drive from the island. There are few activities available on the island (game consoles for kids). Viethouse located in the forest, quite separated from everything else.
No TV channels working, no Wifi in the rooms
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Viethouse lodge is located halfway up the hill, next to the road leads to the highest peak of Tuan Chau Island, one of the thausand of small and medium island in Halong Bay. Viethouse lodge consists of a number of houses on stills with the ages of at least 15 years, the houses reflect a typical architecture of Viet ethnic. They have been transformed into a showcase of authentic and traditional living in a moderm environment. the houses located at different heights on the hillside. Nestled in green gardens which draw you to a natural relaxing and romantic atmosphere. ... more less