“Perfect for our needs” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 61 Hotels in Halong Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
“Perfect for our needs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We were disappointed to not be able to have a second night on Paradise Peak so our agent booked us into the Novotel for our second night in Ha Long. From arrival , very efficient check in to an immaculate Bay facing room with an innovative bath room ( one door acts as entrance to shower area and to toilet cubicle),friendly and efficient service and advice fron Front desk to an excellent , very comprehensive breakfast before check out , we found this hotel to be excellent .
Not everyone enjoys the " chain" feel to these big hotels but if you are looking for a sound experience , good service , clean , safe rooms,efficiency and friendliness this is where I would return.....

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SouthAfricaAbroad
gmnovotel, General Manager at Novotel Ha Long Bay, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear SouthAfricaAbroad

It was a real pleasure reading such positive feedback as yours and we thank you for that.
I am glad to read your compliments on room, services from our staff and breakfast you enjoyed. I will pass on your kind words to my teams which will serve as an encouragement to all of them to keep on providing high standard of services to all of our guests.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcoming you back in near future.

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

By far the best hotel in the area, impeccable service, pleasant and proactive staff, great food and stunning pool area with a great view looking out onto the bay.

Only slight complaints are the rooms are a tad small and the pool area can be a bit noisy given the main road nearby but otherwise very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmnovotel, General Manager at Novotel Ha Long Bay, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear CS_ 2801

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Ha Long Bay.
I am glad to read your compliments on the location of hotel, services from our staff, great food and swimming pool. Your comment is encouraging and let us to enhance the quality of service.
Thank you very much for your kind comment and we hope to welcoming you again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

The view of Halong Bay is fantastic and the rather small rooms are beautiful. Staff is very friendly. However the disappointments come in the details: the sound insulation is not exactly good, you can hear your chatty neighbors through the walls. The banging doors will keep you awake at night unles you brought earplugs. The air con brings you cigarette smoke from the adjacent rooms and the bathroom fixtures are broken or not working. The bedding is low quality for a 4 star hotel. All in all a typical Novotel. If you know them, you can predict what you wll get. I tend to avoid them, but unfortunately there is not a lot of choice in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear RinDK

Thank you for taking time to give us your experience at the Novotel Ha Long Bay.
Your comment and feedback is always important to us to improve our quality of service. I am sorry that you should not allocated to connecting room without your request to avoid all the noise and bad smell from the next room. We are following the standard of Novotel for the bedding and all the bathroom fixtures and amenities. However if you felt uncomfortable about it, we will also keep your comment as advice.
Please rest assured that your comments have been delivered and shared among our departments to enhance the customer value and quality of services.
I hope those points will not deter you from staying with us again. We are looking for your return soon.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

It's great time when I be there to enjoy my vacation. Clean, cool furniture, nice view and warmest well come from Novotel receptionists. Sure I will come back this hotel. If wanna to enjoy Ha Long Bay with reasonable cost you can choose Novotel Ha Long Bay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gmnovotel, General Manager at Novotel Ha Long Bay, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear JakeNguyen

Thank you for choosing Novotel Ha Long Bay for your vacation in Ha Long.
We are glad to hear your compliments on our reception staff, nice view from hotel and the interior of hotel. Your feedback will encourage our teams to serve better service to our guests.
I will looking forward to welcoming you in near future.

Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at novotel, beside the hotel and the cruises i really felt there was not much to do in halong city. The official tourist information is across the street by the way. We enjoyed the breakfast and the food and the Nice view from our room.
There was one big minus, They closed the pool and They should send a notice to the guest who booked the hotel. My plans for staying here were mainly relaxing by the pool and wind down after the halong bay cruise the night before.
To Get back to the point, most likely the best choice in this place !

Room Tip: Choose halong bay view no matter what !
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BergenRoy

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience about your recent stay with us.
Our operation teams would be encouraged by your comments about breakfast and the food. We are happy to hear that you really enjoyed the nice view from your room.
I am sorry that your swimming pool experience did not meet your expectation and plan. We were under urgent maintenance to renovate some part of the pool for comfort of our guests.
Thank you for sharing your experience and we are looking for your return soon.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I loved my trip to Ha Long Bay. The hotel was nice, clean. They helped us book everything such as car trip to/from Hanoi, private boat tour of the bay, dinner, etc. I wasn't very impressed by the restaurant in the hotel, but there are enough options as you walk down the street. You can also hop over the bridge to the real city, which is very cool.

The spa was a dreadful experience unfortunately. I've been to spas all over Asia and have pretty realistic standards. Here, they start your time the very moment you walk in the door - so my 60 minute massage turned into about 40 minutes on the table, with the time they made me wait for the room, time spent changing, and they stop early and count the time for you to leave and pay. I even followed their guidelines to show up 10min early for the appointment, but they still cut my time. Also, my therapist took two long restroom breaks during the massage, which I've never had happen. And the massage was more of a jack-hammer sensation than anything remotely relaxing. So, if you come to this hotel, I suggest you just stick to the bay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear HalCal

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you are happy with our services provided by our teams about booking transportation, boat tour and dinner.
Regarding to your comment about Spa, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology for your unpleasant experience and rest assured that immediate action will be taken to avoid future re-occurrence.
Again, we appreciate your comment and thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

After visiting several hotel websites and reading trip advisor reviews, I decided to stay in this hotel before my cruise trip in Ha Long Bay. I think it was a pretty good choice and overall I have enjoyed my stay. I was very pleased to find that the Staffs in Novetel Halong Bay were friendly. I have stayed in some other 5 star hotels in Vietnam during my trip but I could not see a single smile from them.

The deco of the hotel is modern but still quite relaxing. There are a lot of oriental elements which provide exotic and vacationing feeling. I especially enjoy the dark wooden floor in the room. The size of the room was just alright not as spacious as I expected to be but enough for putting every needed thing out from my luggage. The small balcony attached to the room also provides great view of Ha Long Bay. I found it was such a hassle to get the bath amenities out of the bottles because of the tube shape of them. Although the design of the bottles looks good but should be more user friendly. WiFi signal in the room was unstable. I finally gave up trying but just went down to the lobby to use the computer with complimentary internet access.

Service and the food at the breakfast were good. The hosts and servers greeted mu families with friendly smell every morning. There was variety of food to choose from both western and Vietnamese style and they all taste pretty delicious.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gmnovotel, General Manager at Novotel Ha Long Bay, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear ICBLR

We very much appreciate reading your kind comment and thank you for that. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed and satisfied with our rooms, location and interior of hotel, services from our staff and the breakfast you had.
Rest assured that your compliments have gladly been shared with the entire team and we do look froward to welcoming you soon again.