“The real tradional Pho from the North of Vietnam”
Review of Pho Hieu

Pho Hieu
Ranked #71 of 464 Restaurants in Da Lat
Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

As I read below, not many good comments about this Pho. But to be honest, this is the real Pho, how the traditional Pho from the North of VN should be cooked.
Many northern people moved to Dalat years ago, and they still keep the old way they cook Pho, not too sweet or heavy broth like the nowadays Southern's, not too ridiculous because the taste of seasoning powder or monosodium glutamate like from the Northen.
The soup have the natural taste, good smell from lime leaves. Fresh meat, fresh vegetable, same old type noodle size, delicious meat balls.
As a Vietnamese, I won't ask for any better! Only wish that my town have a Pho like this!

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed June 6, 2016

Came here at 8am, it is pretty crowded.
My friends and I orders 3 bowls of pho, waited for half an hour and the waitress started cleaning tables with an annoying faces, then brought us 2 bowls. I kept waiting and chasing until my friends finished their breakfast, still not have my bowl.
I questioned the waitress why did not bring me anything, she said angrily: "I'm not the cook". =))

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed February 20, 2016 via mobile

The pho Tai has no taste whatsoever. If you love very bland food this could be the place for you. Price is cheap but still not worth the price.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed February 10, 2016

I came here by happenstance, only to later find out it's a very hyped up place. The pho was okay, but bland. They don't serve it with homemade chili sauce and the herbs are limited. I also thought the meat was a bit tough. I had a funny experience with the girl who served. She tried to save me from my preference for the garlic vinegar (after trying only spoon and still tasting bland, I put in another), and she was yelling, "No! No!" Hahaha. I normally like a good kick of garlic and a fair bit of homemade chili and this place doesn't do it for me. There is a really great place further down the road somewhere across from the BBQ place for Westerners near a bunch of local cafes. Unquestionably the best pho I've had in Dalat, and one of the best in all of VietamThere's also one much further along the street V cafe is on (about a 15 minute walk) that also serves fresh corn/soy milks in the evening.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed January 7, 2016

Fast service with hot "pho" you can have in Da Lat. For me, it is different with PHO in Ha Noi or Sai Gon: lightly tasty. Location is on Tang Bat Bo street, close to Truong Cong Dinh Street. So crowded in festival season. Open morning to evening

Date of visit: January 2016