Great concept, a group of old French villas surrounded by park and garden, turned into a hotel. We stayed 2 nights in a villa. The villas have a communal area, dining room and lounge, which we had to ourselves, as we didn't see anyone else in our villa. Our room we was large, desk, 2 double beds, television, fireplace, and lounge, small balcony, so you can spend your time there, if sharing is not your thing. As with 80 year old buildings, a little dark and cold, they have their faults, but that is part of their charm. The bathroom was huge with an old fashioned tub lost in the middle. You have to get into the tub to shower. The shower is hand held, an attachment to give the option of fixing it to the curtain rail would be good. We were able to have a nice deep bath.
We had a Vietnamese set menu as part of our package, it was more like a banquet. We had a bottle of Dalat red wine but personally I wouldn't buy a second. The restaurant had an open fire. Buffet breakfast was included, and was top notch. Plenty of choice, with omelettes and pho cooked for you. The second morning was a la carte, but everything from the buffet was available and you were waited on. We swam in the pool. There 's also a pool table and mini-golf. The Location is out of town, but you can walk. It took 15-20 minutes. The resort is self-contained you don't have to leave it if you don't want. They also have a range of (more expensive) tours and spa treatments. We enjoyed an interesting and complimentary morning walk around the grounds with the hotel guide.
The service was excellent and staff were constantly checking that we were happy. At check-in they said they'd light the open fire if we wanted, but when we asked they said there'd be some smoke then finally admitted the chimney was blocked. I believe they probably shouldn't offer what they can't deliver. Overall, we found it very peaceful, indeed roosters crowing and dogs barking are the main disturbances, and full of old world charm. It cost $120 us per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 72 rooms resort, restaurant and spa set in the rural highlands of Dalat, Vietnam comprises seventeen fully restored French colonial villas each originally constructed between the 1920's and 1930's. The villas retain the unique personalities of their original owners while being lovingly restored to their former glory, with all care taken to preserve original design, decor and charm. Of the seventeen villas on site, fifteen have been converted into fully serviced hotel accommodations with the remaining two villas being converted into our Restaurant and Six Senses Spa, respectively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ana Mandara Villas Dalat Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana Mandara Villas Dalat Hotel Dalat
- Ana Mandara Villas Dalat Resort And Spa
- Ana Mandara Hotel Dalat
- Ana Mandara Resort Dalat