We stayed for three nights and had a great time, despite the wet and cold weather.
The rooms are great, with lots of character and the beds were very comfortable. Though I found the standard pillows far to uncomfortable as they were so big! The pillow menu is definitely needed.
The bathrooms were great, nice and spacious with a huge standalone tub. However, when we used it we realised that the plug didn't seal properly and the water had to constantly be refilled.
The grounds and gardens are nice but could do with a bit more attention and the communal areas of the villa's looked a little ignored.
Breakfast was good and with the exception of our first nights order, all the food we ate at the restaurant was good if a little overpriced for what you get. It was actually the best food we ate in Dalat, which seems to be the hardest place we've been to in Vietnam to find a good meal - not a single restaurant we visited (with the exception of Oron and the Ana Mandara's), we'd wish to visit again simply as the food was the worst we've had in Vietnam.
The Ana Mandara staff were great and really helpful when needed, but overall I felt something was missing considering the prices you pay. Perhaps it's the slightly old and run down feel to some communal areas and sections of the grounds?
The pool was nice, heated which was needed but the pool bar was definitely lacking attention and the kids room was pretty poor - and freezing. The cushions on the sunbeds were also a little moldy and often wet when we came to use them.
The spa definitely lived up to it's reputation - both our massages were extremely professional and one of the best we've had in Asia.
Overall it was a good stay, the staff are great and the rooms have a lot of atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 72 rooms resort, restaurant and spa set in the rural highlands of Dalat, Vietnam comprises seventeen fully restored French colonial villas each originally constructed between the 1920's and 1930's. The villas retain the unique personalities of their original owners while being lovingly restored to their former glory, with all care taken to preserve original design, decor and charm. Of the seventeen villas on site, fifteen have been converted into fully serviced hotel accommodations with the remaining two villas being converted into our Restaurant and Six Senses Spa, respectively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Fastbooking, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ana Mandara Villas Dalat Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana Mandara Villas Dalat Hotel Dalat
- Ana Mandara Villas Dalat Resort And Spa
- Ana Mandara Hotel Dalat
- Ana Mandara Resort Dalat