We stayed in Pink House for 4 nights in August 2012.
This is definitely a good budget hotel. However, by far the best thing about this hotel, is not the hotel, but the countryside tour offered by Mr Rot !!!!
We have now been in Vietnam for 4 weeks, and have done several tours in each city we have visited with many tour companies. However, Mr Rot's tour was by far the best yet !!
We chose to ride automatic motorbikes, and Mr Rot was very good at explaining the road rules (albeit there are not many in Vietnam). He and his accomplice (she only called herself "Blah, blah, blah" - she was very funny, and made us feel informed and relaxed in a humorous way) were very good at keeping at the back and front of the tour pack. Mr Rot was also very thoughtful in keeping at a suitable speed, not too slow and not too fast.
When we signed up for the tour, the young males at the front desk (who were deliciously friendly) explained a few sites we'd see - however, the actual tour included many more sights, so the tour exceeded our expectations.
The tour included:
- a cricket farm (blah, blah, blah ate the crickets, and offered for others, but only a few took up the offer)
- a silk worm farm, and showed how the silk was made
- a coffee plantation, with a great explanation of the coffee process, and plenty of surprises
- a beautiful stop on top of the mountains for photos
- a wonderful conversation with members of a minority village (Mr Rot is an excellent translator)
- opportunity to watch the village ladies make cloth using a loom, and use a traditional spinning wheel
- elephant falls (very pretty)
- elephant ear mushroom farm
- a large sample platter of a variety of locally-grown fruit
- an outline of vietnamese language and culture - thanks Blah, blah, blah - this was great !
- and the best market tour in Vietnam. We have done 6 market tours, and while at the market, Mr Rot gave the best and most thorough explanation of the produce (including samples of the market produce), the culture, the religion and the practicies of the people who really honour relatives who have passed away. Mr Rot and Blah, Blah, Blah had very cheeky humour, and really made the trip fun. He also gave some tips about how to deal with the Vietnamese culture of bartering and how best to interact with the locals.
Anyone who is really interested in learning about Vietnam, and wants a tour which is a little more light-on in relation to commercial-content should do this trip with Mr Rot !!
Now, in relation to the hotel, it is a very good budget hotel - the choice of breakfast is simple and tasty (the sardines in tomato sauce was surprisingly delicious). The beds and rooms were clean and comfortable.
However, note that there is no shower curtain in the bathroom, so when you shower, the whole bathroom gets slippery and wet, we had a few near falls - it would be better if Pink Villa House could put up some shower curtains to help prevent the slippery floors after you've showered.
Lastly, I'd say the 2 young guys at the front desk were great fun, very happy, and very gracious.
Keep up the work Pink House - you were one of our highlights.
Dale and Jamie
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Villa Pink House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Pink House Hotel Dalat