“Rude staff, stay across the street for cheaper and better”
Review of Villa Pink House

Villa Pink House
Ranked #2 of 285 Da Lat B&B and Inns
Arlington, Virginia, United States
“Rude staff, stay across the street for cheaper and better”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I arrived to Villa Pink House in the rain and was greeted by a very rude male receptionist. I asked why a friends rate was 2 dollars less and he snapped about online bookings and told me to go the computer and book and pay a service fee, etc. It was just really uncalled for and rude. I wanted to leave but didn't want to wander in the rain. They didn't offer to help with bags to the 3rd floor with no elevator, the breakfast was just a baguette and bad coffee, and the rooms are very noisy because the doors rattle and you here everyone come and go. The next day I went just across the street to Ninh Binh which is the same quality, polite staff, and 8 dollars versus 15. When I had an early morning bus the guy from reception put a baguette and bananas in a bag for me to take without me asking. I highly recommend leaving villa pink house for a neighboring better hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Michelle H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed for two nights and booked two rooms.

Pro:
1) big beds. I think the two beds in my room can easily accomodate 4 people
2) good location. Near the market with about 10 min walk. There is a small convinience store very close to the hostel across the big road.
3) cool climate. You do not need aircon but it could get a bit warm if you stay in the room during the daytime
4) LCD time and the reception was not bad

Cons:
1) breakfast was quite limited choice. No eggs just bread with jam/cheese/banana/noodles
2) I was not happy when I arrived in the hotel very early in the morning (we travelled using sleep bus/ night bus), the first thing they offered was the tours to occupy us before we can check in. What we need was a shower or some breakfast or drinks. Anyway, we opted to go around town by ourselves.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank saut
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights in Dalat, and it is one of the friendliest places on our 6 month trip in Asia. The thing that made our stay here so enjoyable was the motorbike tour of the countryside that was organised by the hotel. It is only offered to guests of the hotel and steers clear of the tourist hot spots, meaning that we got to see a really local side of Vietnam. I had never been on a motorbike before and we had originally agreed to do this trip by car, but due to other guests signing up for the trip we agreed to go by bike (riding on the back of the owner’s bike). This tour was a highlight of our trip and I would highly recommend it to anyone, even the most bike-phobic. The owners, Rot, was such a friendly host; he led the bike tour and was entertaining and funny the whole way. He even organised a night out to the restaurant for all of the guests.

The hotel was a short walk away from the centre of Dalat where there are bars and restaurants. Our room was very big and comfortable and the breakfast was simple but filling. We were able to book coach travel here easily and given advice on where to go in Dalat. Would recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Mike204
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

5 minutes walk from the city centre. Clean, well equipped rooms. Fairly average in terms of value for money. Nice, helpful staff.

Breakfast is included but a bit limited. Baguette with jam or cheese, which gives a déjà vu feeling if you're there more than a night!

Good place to stay.

4 Thank David A
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Hotel was in quite a good location about 15 minute walk from the centre part of Dalat. All the members of this family run hotel were friendly and helpful during my stay.

2 Thank Lynsey B
Beverley
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights and had a great time. We did the famous 'secret' tour with Mr Rot and his sister and we had such a great day and met some lovely people, both the staff, villagers and our group. Highly reccomend.
We really enjoyed breakfast, fresh bread with tasty strawberry jam and the best coffee of the trip so far!
It was my birthday whilst we were there and I got a card too! This really made my day :)
Thank you we had a fantastic time and loved Dalat :)

5 Thank BeverleyCupcake
Abha, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hostel/hotel is absolutely stunning... There is nothing I can think of that they could do to improve the place. The proprietors are professional and friendly, tailoring their service to the requirements of each guest. I have no idea why the rooms are not far more expensive as they honestly should be!

Room Tip: 208 on the second floor is a massive twin (2 x double beds) with a full length balcony