All reviews da lat wine buffet breakfast was excellent king size no lift pleasant stay hoang vietnamese dat wedding conference luxury washing minibar lake
Reviewed March 2, 2009

This complex is huge with villas consisting of approx 8 rooms. Very quite and set in beautiful gardens, with gazebos, swinging lounges , tennis court. Judging from the quests which were there I would say this hotel is used for a lot of large groups and conferences, but as it is so big never seemed crowded. They have the best yoghurt in VN, and a wide choice of foods in restaurants. One Asian and other Western food.
Room very spacious, also bathroom huge. very clean, big beds, and staff very accommodating as we found in all hotels in VN. A good walk to centre town, but weather cool so its not too strenuous. Central markets very interesting and of course the flowers are unbelievable.
Try the new cable car ride in Dalat, so peaceful and you get a good view of the town.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2008

We - being myself, my daughter and grand daughter - enjoyed our brief stay. I have to agree with some of the negative commets made by the previous reviewers, such as no heating, as we were only there for one night we were fine, once late afternoon hit it did get quite chilly up untill then the weather was perfect. I enjoyed roaming around the grounds and took lot's of lovely photos. Our room was very big and the beds very comfortable, the rooms were also very light and airy with a great bathroom.
For dinner that night we went to one of the restaurants, the service was wonderful, we were the only guests there. After looking at the wine list I was decided to try a Russian Champaign, the price was not bad and hoped it was enjoyable, unfortunately they bought a room temperature bottle to the table, I explained to the waitress that there was a problem, the restaurant manager came over and i explained that Champaign shoud be served really well chilled, she offered to get ice but as I explained it would still not be properly chilled and we would have finnished our meal. She was lovely and we chatted about serving Champaign amongst other things, she was totally unaware, a little training is needed. Some might find this annoying however I think it is part of travelling and smile to myself every time I think of it.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank chrissy50
Reviewed May 4, 2008

Too far out of town. The rooms are very large but you don't want t spend your holiday sitting in a room. Not really any facilities expected in a resort. No pool, apparently not needed in Dalat there was a tennis court which seemed to be totally booked out by locals, bikes for hire (but no info) should be free considerig lack of things to do here. Poor breakfast choice, very limited bar, a small smoky room that doubled as a dining room thta had no view or atmosphere. Nice grounds.

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed February 5, 2008

We were due to stay here for three nights but checked out after only one.
Why?
We had booked two rooms for a family of 5 (2 adults 3 kids). When we arrived both rooms had a double and single bed configuration so we asked that one single bed be move into the kid’s room so they all had their own bed. No trouble at all until the bed was moved by the staff and then I was "summonsed" to the front desk where they demanded I pay an extra $15/night and they wouldn't let me leave until I'd sign a consent to add the extra charge to my room.
Our room had shutters which could not be opened because the bed was in the way and staff claimed they could not move the bed. i.e. the room was pitch black all day!!! We asked to move and they did oblige but this took us away from our kids room. The kids room backed on to a noisy road (and this place was supposed to be quiet!) and the shutters where damaged and swung violently in any breeze.
The rooms were large but very unwelcoming (wood panelling not seen since the 70s). The bathrooms were done in dark colours and not inviting. Not enough hot water to fill a bath. No safe, no Kleenex.
We arrived on a rainy day in early January and it was freezing. The “resort” has no heating or air-conditioning - not acceptable for a 4 star "resort". We just couldn’t get warm and had to go into town to a restaurant to find somewhere warmer.
Breakfast was served in what looked like a school cafeteria which was fitting as there were about 50 noisy school children also there (I think from an international school in Saigon). Breakfast selection was limited with very little fruit (and Dalat is the place where Vietnam grows most of the cooler climate fruits!!!).
While the grounds are well maintained they are very sterile. The stone pavements are highly polished and deadly slippery when wet... definitely not suitable for anyone with disabilities or frail.
Hotel is a long way from town and very inconvenient.
I read on the web that the resort owners plan to spend money to upgrade the resort to 5 star. My view is they first need to get it to 4 star first!
We moved to the Blue Moon Hotel which was just opening. Despite builders still being in residence this place was far nicer, just one block from the Da Lat market, air-conditioning and heating, lovely rooms and all the mod cons for way less than what we were charged at the Hoang Anh Resort.

Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank Notcomingback
Reviewed February 4, 2008

Huge rooms with porch, marble floors, clean and new, definitely a 4 star. Eleven 2 story Villa’s scattered around grounds. Shower and tub, no safe, no Kleenex, reading lighting fair, tennis courts, no heat or a/c but guide says there is never a need. Standard breakfast buffet but no bacon and I never had French fried onion rings offered at breakfast. I was able to pull a weak wi-fi connection from Villa 1 using my Buffalo high gain external antenna but free wi-fi and three desktops in Business Center. Two 500 ml bottles of water provided per day but you can buy a 1.5 liter downtown for 7,000VND. This is cheaper than Hanoi, there vendors ask for $1US but the going price is 5,000 dong for the half-liter and 10,000 dong for the 1.5 liter. Room rates (2008) Superior $69US, Deluxe $82 including 5% service and 10% tax.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)