All reviewsda lat winebuffet breakfast was excellentking sizewestern foodno liftpleasant stayhoangtennisdatweddingconferencevietnamluxurywashingminibarlake
Reviewed May 4, 2008

Too far out of town. The rooms are very large but you don't want t spend your holiday sitting in a room. Not really any facilities expected in a resort. No pool, apparently not needed in Dalat there was a tennis court which seemed to be totally booked out by locals, bikes for hire (but no info) should be free considerig lack of things to do here. Poor breakfast choice, very limited bar, a small smoky room that doubled as a dining room thta had no view or atmosphere. Nice grounds.

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed February 5, 2008

We were due to stay here for three nights but checked out after only one.
Why?
We had booked two rooms for a family of 5 (2 adults 3 kids). When we arrived both rooms had a double and single bed configuration so we asked that one single bed be move into the kid’s room so they all had their own bed. No trouble at all until the bed was moved by the staff and then I was "summonsed" to the front desk where they demanded I pay an extra $15/night and they wouldn't let me leave until I'd sign a consent to add the extra charge to my room.
Our room had shutters which could not be opened because the bed was in the way and staff claimed they could not move the bed. i.e. the room was pitch black all day!!! We asked to move and they did oblige but this took us away from our kids room. The kids room backed on to a noisy road (and this place was supposed to be quiet!) and the shutters where damaged and swung violently in any breeze.
The rooms were large but very unwelcoming (wood panelling not seen since the 70s). The bathrooms were done in dark colours and not inviting. Not enough hot water to fill a bath. No safe, no Kleenex.
We arrived on a rainy day in early January and it was freezing. The “resort” has no heating or air-conditioning - not acceptable for a 4 star "resort". We just couldn’t get warm and had to go into town to a restaurant to find somewhere warmer.
Breakfast was served in what looked like a school cafeteria which was fitting as there were about 50 noisy school children also there (I think from an international school in Saigon). Breakfast selection was limited with very little fruit (and Dalat is the place where Vietnam grows most of the cooler climate fruits!!!).
While the grounds are well maintained they are very sterile. The stone pavements are highly polished and deadly slippery when wet... definitely not suitable for anyone with disabilities or frail.
Hotel is a long way from town and very inconvenient.
I read on the web that the resort owners plan to spend money to upgrade the resort to 5 star. My view is they first need to get it to 4 star first!
We moved to the Blue Moon Hotel which was just opening. Despite builders still being in residence this place was far nicer, just one block from the Da Lat market, air-conditioning and heating, lovely rooms and all the mod cons for way less than what we were charged at the Hoang Anh Resort.

Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank Notcomingback
Reviewed February 4, 2008

Huge rooms with porch, marble floors, clean and new, definitely a 4 star. Eleven 2 story Villa’s scattered around grounds. Shower and tub, no safe, no Kleenex, reading lighting fair, tennis courts, no heat or a/c but guide says there is never a need. Standard breakfast buffet but no bacon and I never had French fried onion rings offered at breakfast. I was able to pull a weak wi-fi connection from Villa 1 using my Buffalo high gain external antenna but free wi-fi and three desktops in Business Center. Two 500 ml bottles of water provided per day but you can buy a 1.5 liter downtown for 7,000VND. This is cheaper than Hanoi, there vendors ask for $1US but the going price is 5,000 dong for the half-liter and 10,000 dong for the 1.5 liter. Room rates (2008) Superior $69US, Deluxe $82 including 5% service and 10% tax.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2008

We recently spent 2 nights at the Hoang Anh Resort Hotel in Dalat. The hotel appears to be quite new with large rooms and nice bathrooms. The rooms have lots of wood, even wooden shutters inside the balcony doors. The bathrooms are stone and have separate tubs and shower stalls. (We had stayed at another Hoang Anh resort and the rooms seem identical.) The grounds are gorgeous with gardeners continuously working. The hotel is made up of a number of different buildings which is fine when the weather's nice but could pose a problem in bad weather. The rooms also don't have any heater although a space heater was very rapidly delivered to our room upon request.
We ate one dinner at the hotel and it was adequate. The breakfasts are not nearly as extensive as many other hotel I've stayed in in Vietnam and the service at breakfast was minimal at best. There was a limited bar but wine was only sold by the bottle, none by the glass. The internet was free and had a very fast connection. Their spa is so-so. The foot massages were quite good, but while my husband and a male friend found the massages good for their bodies recovering from a long, strenuous bike ride, a female friend and I were less than satisfied.
The Hoang Anh is a nice hotel but I know there are better hotels that are more centrally located in Dalat.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2008

This hotel is quite new, so the rooms were clean and well kept. The garden was just beautiful, so we took a few pictures during our 3 day stay. Quite a few restaurants to choose from, which we absolutely loved most of the meals available. The hotel was very busy during my stay, so there were many people staying here. The hotel is just a short 5 minute taxi ride into town, which cost about $2, so that wasn't a major problem. The downside about the hotel was that it got quite cold at night with no heating system provided, so bringing some warm clothes is recommended. I would recommend travelling to Dalat in early December because they had a very big flower festival that went on for a couple of weeks, which we unfortunately missed.

• Stayed: December 2007