“Such lovely owners!”

Ranked #43 of 74 Hotels in Da Lat
london
“Such lovely owners!”
Reviewed August 25, 2008

My sister and I arrived here and stayed in one of the bigger rooms at the front of the building and one of the smaller ones. The bigger one was much more comfortable, however, both were clean, fairly basic but TV etc.. We found the owners incredibly charming, they were warm, welcoming and helpful and I would recommend this hotel to a friend if they were going to Dalat as it is incredibly reasonable and safe.

Stayed August 2008

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Vietnamese first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2008

Most of the more popular hotels in town were booked up (eg Dreams) but my moto driver recommended this one and I'm glad he did.

I'd really like to commend the staff working at the hotel. In all my months of traveling I've never come across staff as friendly and as helpful as the family who own Eurpoa Hotel.

At $12 a night it was a real bargain, and the room had everything you'd need. It's within walking distance to the center of town and just far enough away to avoid the noise.

I highly recommend this hotel, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
Klang
Reviewed March 26, 2008

I get to know this hotel from my Vietnamise friend while I am working in Vietnam. Together with my wife, we are quite satisfied with the service of the hotel. The most important thing is that this hotel is free from the street noise even though it only take 5 minutes walk to the Dalat Market. We had a very good rest in this hotel. The owner of this hotel is very helpful. With his help, I managed to rent a motorbike and enjoy a day tour with a local English speaking tour guide. There is a small local sea food shop beside the hotel serve a very fresh BBQ sea food with a very resonable price. No harm to try if you can accept the local restaurant environment.....
But one thing which I don't undestand is that my wife and I get sun brunt in Dalat??!!

Stayed March 2008
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 1, 2008

We hab a huge room, with balcony and a wonderful view of Dalat. The owner is very friendly and will make everything possible and to your satisfactory. We were very pleased. Clean and tidy place. Good value.

• Stayed February 2008
Auckland
Reviewed January 15, 2008

We stayed in different two and three star hotels in Vietnam. The majority of their standard rooms were not any better than the rooms in this hotel. Considering that this is a one star hotel, we were pleasantly surprised about the quality of the rooms. Especially the ones ending with 01 or 02 are great value for money. They have a balcony and overlook the town. The hotel is owner run and he is very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Liked — the friendly service
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank sun005
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 21, 2007

We had planned to stay at the Dreams Hotel, but it was full. The taxi driver suggested the Europa, so we went to check it out. We were delighted, as it was in a far better location than Dreams, with a lovely view out over the valley across the suburbs of Dalat. It is only a few minutes walk to the central square in Dalat. The hotelier and his wife were delightful and fantastically helpful with everything we needed. The rooms (balcony) were about twice the size of typical Vietnamese hotels, and the internal rooms were fine. We paid $12 per night with breakfast included, which was fine, although fairly simple, ie bread roll and omelette, which is still hearty and filling. Dalat is fantastic and I couldn't fault the hotel, which is astonishingly good value. They suggested a restaurant called the wild sunflower, which was really top shelf and only a five minute walk around the corner. They organised an open bus for our next stop at Nha Trang and we were picked up from the hotel. This sort of service makes Vietnam pretty hard to beat.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank BigMal2
somewhere
Reviewed May 4, 2007

I called up the hotel one late night and asked if they had a room available. The order was taken in a most expedient and professional manner. The voice of the receptionist was also very kind and warm. I arrived a few weeks later and Mr. Phuoc, one of the owners, ran to the cab to help me with my luggage. I must say that he is VERY kind and very attentive! He was super helpful in telling me where to eat, places to see, where to book tours, etc. Just a fantastic hotel owner! Very easy to talk to. My room number was 301 and it had a balcony. The room decor is black and white, which I like, because it was very classy and not at all tacky like other places around that price range. Speaking of prices, it was quite reasonable. The view from the balcony was good, though it didn't have a full view of the Xuan Huong Lake. The bathroom was clean and the shower had hot water. Everything was clean and tidy. The hotel is very well-located, within walking distance to restaurants, cafes and the central market. Yet it is very quiet at night and I got two restful nights of sleep. Just right across the hotel are awesome places where you can have a good local breakfast like rice vermicelli and a Vietnamese baguette. Overall, nothing to complain about and I would definitely stay here again! Thanks to all the staff for a wonderful stay!

• Liked — The fantastic staff! The rooms were immaculate, too!
  • Disliked — They only had one computer at the lobby so when that computer was busy I I had to walk to another internet cafe to use the internet.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo