“Great view and value”

Ranked #43 of 74 Hotels in Da Lat
Berlin, Germany
“Great view and value”
Reviewed March 1, 2008

We hab a huge room, with balcony and a wonderful view of Dalat. The owner is very friendly and will make everything possible and to your satisfactory. We were very pleased. Clean and tidy place. Good value.

• Stayed February 2008

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Vietnamese first
Auckland
Reviewed January 15, 2008

We stayed in different two and three star hotels in Vietnam. The majority of their standard rooms were not any better than the rooms in this hotel. Considering that this is a one star hotel, we were pleasantly surprised about the quality of the rooms. Especially the ones ending with 01 or 02 are great value for money. They have a balcony and overlook the town. The hotel is owner run and he is very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Liked — the friendly service
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank sun005
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 21, 2007

We had planned to stay at the Dreams Hotel, but it was full. The taxi driver suggested the Europa, so we went to check it out. We were delighted, as it was in a far better location than Dreams, with a lovely view out over the valley across the suburbs of Dalat. It is only a few minutes walk to the central square in Dalat. The hotelier and his wife were delightful and fantastically helpful with everything we needed. The rooms (balcony) were about twice the size of typical Vietnamese hotels, and the internal rooms were fine. We paid $12 per night with breakfast included, which was fine, although fairly simple, ie bread roll and omelette, which is still hearty and filling. Dalat is fantastic and I couldn't fault the hotel, which is astonishingly good value. They suggested a restaurant called the wild sunflower, which was really top shelf and only a five minute walk around the corner. They organised an open bus for our next stop at Nha Trang and we were picked up from the hotel. This sort of service makes Vietnam pretty hard to beat.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank BigMal2
somewhere
Reviewed May 4, 2007

I called up the hotel one late night and asked if they had a room available. The order was taken in a most expedient and professional manner. The voice of the receptionist was also very kind and warm. I arrived a few weeks later and Mr. Phuoc, one of the owners, ran to the cab to help me with my luggage. I must say that he is VERY kind and very attentive! He was super helpful in telling me where to eat, places to see, where to book tours, etc. Just a fantastic hotel owner! Very easy to talk to. My room number was 301 and it had a balcony. The room decor is black and white, which I like, because it was very classy and not at all tacky like other places around that price range. Speaking of prices, it was quite reasonable. The view from the balcony was good, though it didn't have a full view of the Xuan Huong Lake. The bathroom was clean and the shower had hot water. Everything was clean and tidy. The hotel is very well-located, within walking distance to restaurants, cafes and the central market. Yet it is very quiet at night and I got two restful nights of sleep. Just right across the hotel are awesome places where you can have a good local breakfast like rice vermicelli and a Vietnamese baguette. Overall, nothing to complain about and I would definitely stay here again! Thanks to all the staff for a wonderful stay!

• Liked — The fantastic staff! The rooms were immaculate, too!
  • Disliked — They only had one computer at the lobby so when that computer was busy I I had to walk to another internet cafe to use the internet.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank ton_dessert
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2007

I was in Dalat for 2 nights, I stayed in the Crazy House but it was so bad I booked out after 1 night.

I saw this in the lonely planet and when I arrived it was like a breath of fresh air.

The Viet guy owner was so helpful and could not do enough for me, I viewed 2 rooms and they were clean and had loads of extras, the room I went for was large with TV, A/C, cable, sofa and shoe cleaning equipment.
He booked ny coach ticket straight away and all was good.

Clean room and food available as well.

I only wish I had stayed the 2 nights.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank hwculshaw
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 7, 2005

The hotel is very well located, clean and calm. The service was efficient, friendly and honest. I would say this is probably the best quality/price hotel we have ever stayed in on my holiday in Vietnam! Perhaps it is not the most convenient hotel, but if you are a foreigner and you want to find a quiet, clean, safe and not expensive place in Dalat then this is an absolute must

• Stayed August 2004