“A little gem!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Chau Au Europa
Ranked #45 of 89 Hotels in Da Lat
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I recently returned from a trip to Vietnam and Dalat in particular. I was recommended this hotel and wasn't disappopinted. Duc, the owner who spoke 3 languages went out of his way to make my stay memorable! I had a back room which cost me $12US. The room was clean, comfortable and safe. Duc recommended a very satisfying Dalay Countryside Tour costing 290,000 dong. It was great! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Front has good view, back has good sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank smith_alan_f2011

Reviewed April 1, 2011

Our trip was for a little weekend in Dalat. We stayed here for 3 nights. I'm very picky when it comes to choosing a hotel, and I was not disappointed. It is located in a good area of town, I would feel safe taking a walk around the area of the hotel. We loved the view from our corner room which looked out on Hoa Binh Theatre and could see Xuan Huong lake. The owner and his family were really nice to me, especially his daughter. Everything was just perfect. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank AustinNguyen
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Room was US$25 which was considered not great value, but about right for what we got. The rooms were fine, no complaints. The owner, Duc, was extremely friendly and helpful for us as we toured around Dalat. WiFi in the rooms, and common areas -- strong signal. The main problem I had was I gave them clothes for laundry. It was not until I was checked out and in the next city, did I realize that I had bleach spill stains on my Abercrombie shorts -- ugh. The fault of the cleaner, and not of the hotel itself.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2010

I stayed here for two days and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel manager Duc was very friendly and helped me out in every way. I was on a motorcycle trip up the country and he even helped me build a camera mount for my motorcycle. He organized a nice tour for me as well. The room was big, with a view, clean and very cheap. Right on the market place too.
No negative things to say honestly. Smart place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2010

For Budget conscious. Ok if it's just for one night stay.
Comforter-Sheets were damp.
Windows open up to inside the building for circulation.
NO AC, just a fan on the wall for circulation.
Can not sleep in, can hear the front desk phone and music playing at 5am.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Arrived in Dalat after a long but enjoyable 4 day motorbike tour. What a great little hotel. And what a great little price per room. The best thing was, after arriving at 5.30pm, the maid agreed to do our washing - after 4 days on the motorbikes and for all 4 of us - was most appreciated. And no easy job. We could not have been made to feel more welcome than we were.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I booked two nights at the europa through an online accommodation website - unfortunately when we arrived at the hotel, the owner told us he'd had no contact with that site for several months. Luckily he was incredibly helpful and organised a room for us without any trouble, at a rate cheaper than that advertised on the website I'd used.

Our first night we were in a room on the top floor at the back of the house which was fine, but had no outside window (opened into a big airspace instead); the second night the owner was able to move us into a front room which was a couple of dollars more, but had a spectacular view over the town. Both rooms were spacious and very clean - only issues were water pressure being a bit dodgy (not surprising given we were on the top floor), and the beds (a bit hard with even harder pillows!).

Congratulations to the owner for providing the best service I'd come across in 3 months in Vietnam - incredibly helpful, didn't try to sell us ANYTHING, organised a taxi at a good price (200,000 dong) to the airport when we left, and gave us all the info we needed re restaurants and things to do. Would definitely recommend the Europa when visiting Dalat!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple