Newland Hostel
$39
TripAdvisor
$58
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

It took me a long walk and about 7 different places until I found dorms in Dalat and this place was just what I needed. Good atmosphere (mostly thanks to Peace all mighty, one of the most fun people I met in Vietnam), good conditions and a decent breakfast for a fair price.
A downside was climing 4 floors to the guys dorms (separated from the girls) and also the toilet condition could have been better, but generally - good experience!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Newlandhostel h, Owner at Newland Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

thank you so much for your staying at Newland hostel. Peace is really happy to serve you all of thing you need.
have a nice trip. wish to see you really soon in Dalat at Newland hostel.
i love you.....
sincerely
Peace

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I left Vietnam already a couple of months ago, but when I think back at my time i did in Vietnam then the Newland hostel in Da Lat is one of the places that pop up in my mind.
I met a bunch of very cool backpackers in that hostel and together with one of the owners of the hostel (Peaces) we had a nice couple of days. Peaces is the coolest guy I met during the month i stayed in Vietnam. With him and his bottle of rice wine we got drunk a couple of times and just around the corner you can eat some Bahn Mi!!
For a very economic price I got a bed in a dorm room with a breakfast included. They also organised an interesting full day trip to check out some places in Dalat. We went to a silk factory, a place where they make rice wine, a meditation centre with a big smiling buddha, an impressive waterfall and a place where they make the finest coffee out of weasel s h i t.
I hope one day I can come back and say hello to those people.
Not so long ago Peaces became father !!! Congratualations to his and his wife.

I'll be back

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Newlandhostel h, Owner at Newland Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

thank you very much for your staying and review.
peace. hope to see you soon

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this lovely place for 2 nights.
Pro's: The price (5$)! Very clean. Great location, in the center of Da Lat. Nice, helpful, friendly staff. A nice breakfast is included, and varies every day.
The owner (Peace) does an amazing and cheap cooking class! Must-do if you visit!

Con: closes off at 11 pm, but dalat isn't a party-city anyway.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed here for two nights in February in the mixed doormroom. And it was an awesome experience. First of all - A really nice staff who are ready to help you, nice beds, good breakfast which you eat at a big table along with all the other travellers (cozy time) and a good location as well. This place has so far been the highlight of my trip - So if you want to visit Dalat then this place is the best! And you MUST take the cooking class and ask Peace to make his chicken with fish-sauce - It is delicious! And it is a great way to meet other travellers as well.
Top-rating from me!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Hostel was great. Very cute rooms and clean! Staff were also amazing. From the second I got there the staff were so friendly came out to greet us and were always more than happy to help with anything. They also make dinner if you want it for anyone at the hostel which you all eat together so it's a great way of meeting people and trying some local yummy food! Basic free breakfast is included to!

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014