“A fun thing to do”

Ranked #20 of 339 Restaurants in Da Lat
Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: For the train lovers from around Vietnam and the rest of the world.The Dalat Train Cafe is open from 8am to 10pm, and is available for private parties, corporate functions, weddings, birthdays, outdoor barbeque dinners, etc.The menu includes a good selection of international dishes, Vietnamese dishes, coffees, teas, cocktails, and a wine list featuring French, Chilean and Vietnamese wines. A few dishes are made especially for the blue-colored train cafe, including the Blue Train Pizza, and the Blue Cheese Burger.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Fun little trip, the pagoda was amazing one of the best I have seen in Asia. Unfortunately you only have 20min or so before the train heads back to town.

1  Thank rhonda p

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights and were treated like royalty. The food, wine and atmosphere in the train car were superb!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Even if you're not a train buff (I'm not), this place is one of the most uniquely cool restaurants I've ever been to. A classy, refurbished old train car made into a restaurant, with a view of Dalat that was unbeatable. Run by the same folks who do the V Cafe and the Green City Hotel, they recommended I check this out. I came for dinner and the lighting, music, and views would have been amazing for a couple. (Unfortunately I was alone!) The view of the old part of Dalat at sunset was probably the highlight of my Vietnam trip. Similar menu to Vcafe. I had the blue cheese burger which was the best burger I've had in Vietnam. The villa next to the cafe is an old French villa run as a hotel, but I didn't check it out. Outdoor seating for smokers.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had an early dinner here and thought the place was cool. We'd definitely visit again to drink but our experience eating there wasn't good...

The pizza wasn't bad but wasn't great. It had a weird flavour considering it was a plane cheese and tomato. My wife's salad was ok but again nothing great...but my burger, was quite frankly, the worst burger I've ever had and I couldn't finish it. The meat, which I'm guessing was local beef, tasted awful and was - as most local beef seems to be - tough to eat.

The service wasn't great to.

So, worth a visit to check it out but the best thing except for the photos on the walls was my beer, and that came in a bottle!

2  Thank ahuk_the1st
Reviewed August 13, 2013

A 100+ year old train car nestled on the property of an old french villa is the centre piece of this Cafe/Guesthouse operation. Talk about charm and character - it is here in spades!!! The coach has been beautifully remodelled to be a cozy cafe/eatery while the outdoor patio provides a nice view of Dalat. The Guesthouse aspect of the operation is the french villa itself providing a number of "suites" which include sitting/living room, bedroom and bath. The property is quite large (great for kids) and located in a quiet area near the old train station. This is an ideal destination for a family/romantic getaway or just a nice meal. A good selection of wines and friendly attentive service complete things make this a "must go" place. My only regret was i did not try the food..hmmm... next time....