Groovy Gecko Tours - Day Tours

Reviewed 1 week ago
boofhead2234
Melbourne, Australia
via mobile
One day trekking trip "Thrill Seeker"

Reviewed August 18, 2018
Annika O
via mobile

All reviews jeep ride canyoning trip off roading army jeep other companies great fun small group fruit mountain biking guides speak mui ne nice lunch made us feel cliff jumping felt safe my boyfriend day tour
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Highly recommend groovy gecko tours we had a great time with a small group. The ride to the waterfall in an old army jeep was an experience in itself, then we tackled the huge waterfall. The guides were nice and focussed on our safety and ensured we were all ready before we began the abseil.
My girlfriend was afraid at first but felt much more confident with our leaders and ended up doing the large 65m abseil with ease!

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

We did this tour in the rainy season, but it was amazing. Our tour guide Tom showed us small and lovely paths through pine forests, coffee plantations and along the river (crossing two hanging bridges, which was great). We had an excellent picnic lunch at the river, before climbing uphill again (on a different path). To sum it up: we can absolutely recommend this tour. Thank you!

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

It was a great experience. Terry was our guid for the day en we couldn’t wish anyone better. He was helping everybody, gave us good tips to how to go trough all the mud en made a perfect lunch for us!
It was a exhausting day but it was worth it.
Special thanks to Terry!!!

2  Thank TimMeekel
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

We had a great experience with the mountainbiking tour at groovy gecko! Our tour guide Terry was very friendly and his English was very good! He showed us the way and whe had a good laugh! The service provided by the company was very good, water and a great lunch al included. Also the bikes were in a great condition. Definitaly recommend this to fellow travelers who like sports and outdoor activities!

3  Thank benleito
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

We went with one other couple and had the best day! The tour guides were friendly and very safety conscious, with no one else on the canyon but us it was an amazing experience. We began with a ride in a jeep on a muddy forest trail and had to do some hiking there and back to the canyon but it was so worth it. Lunch was delicious too and we all had such a great day! There is also no need to take your phone as they take a camera with them take loads of good pics and upload them to there Facebook for you to have a look at. Would highly recommend groovy gecko to anyone!

1  Thank Tomaldinho93
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend using groovy gecko if you’re interested in Canyoning. This was the best experience I’ve had on my 3 month travel journey so far. Groovy Gecko are particularly good as they don’t go to usual waterfalls like other tour companies. We had the whole place to ourselves and there were only 4 of us in our group so we did not have to wait for others etc. The two tour guides (who’s names I can’t remember unfortunately) went above and beyond! They are really safe and push your fears to the limit. Well worth every penny!

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

My advise will be really short, like my day with them ; I booked a Car Tour on Friday for Saturday, they were supposed to pick me up at hostel at 8.30.
If I didn’t call them, I would be still waiting for us right now. Really shame because I planned to stay in Dalat 1 full day to have this kind of experience and finally I didn’t get it. I am really disappointed about Groovy Gecko Tours.

Below the receipt to prove that I booked and also the answer from the owner..

Congrats for that !

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Went on a hike that was supposed to be 18 km long and challenging - it was maybe around 10-12 km and really not that difficult. It was a nice hike, but not at all what I expected... I guess I was a little disappointed. The guides were very nice though!

Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed this tour, we visited a lot of interesting places and the biking wasn't too hard, just the right amount. The scenery you could see while biking was amazing. Our guide Tan was very nice, we had a lot of fun with him. Moreover it was really good organized and the equipement was perfect. We would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who doesn't like to spend too much time in a bus, but wants to discover the country!

1  Thank ChristinaN2063
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our abseil here. We're beginners but managed to complete the 65m fall without too much difficulty.

GG have access to falls other companies don't so you won't come across any other groups here.

Group size is up to 9 people. We went with 6.

You complete four falls in increasing size over three hours or so.

Excellent lunch.