“Canyoning ”

Groovy Gecko Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #10 of 100 Tours in Da Lat
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Really fun day trip canyoning in Dalat! The group was about 9 and our two guides- Tom and Thach(spelling?!) were super friendly, helpful, and made us all feel safe and comfortable! Lunch was super tasty too, thanks Groovy Gecko!

1  Thank Hollydaysalways

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Had an amazing day trip. Safety first ('we'll wait until you feel confident'), English speaking instructors with a good sense of humor and a great lunch.

3  Thank Ivo S
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Canyoning with groovy gecko was a recommendation from a friend, calling and finding the owner had recently opened Camillia hotel was fate! Ting was helpful from start to finish, picking us up from bus station @6am - an hr before we were due in, and getting him out of bed, he arrived smartly dressed and cheerful, offering tea and fruit, our room ready and then breakfast as we were famished from the night bus! Whilst devouring his famous homemade peanut butter&jam, eggs, a mountain of fruit and 3 baguettes later, he'd organised canyoning for us at the drop of a hat-even supplied me with shoes (as I'd lost one on the bus ride!) The ONLY company in dalat to offer wet suits, we were greeted with 4 guides who spoke good English, were informative, professional and patient. As a guide myself, I was extremely impressed at their enthusiasm and passion - this makes an experience in my eyes!
Lunch a feast, equipment fantastic - nothing shabby looking, and overall a must do in dalat!
That evening we were offered to dine with his family, drank rice wine and swapped tales around the table with other travellers - such a home away from home- even washing up and helping ourselves to tea/coffee out of his cupboards! This guy should open a hotel in every stop - he knows what customer service means!! Groovy gecko and camillia hotel is a winning combo!!

4  Thank HazelnutKent
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We went canyoning through Groovy Gecko and had an amazing time. Fun filled day with all equipment provided, a big lunch, full adrenaline rush day and felt safe all the time!
We stayed with Mr Ting at Camellia hotel and felt like we were part of his family, he accommodated all our needs and eating dinner with his family was wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble if you asked Mr Ting.
We have been traveling Asia for 3 months & staying at Camellia hotel has been the best stay yet.
A big thanks to all the family!

5  Thank James K
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the camellia hotel (which has the same owner as the groovy gecko tours) and I wanted to do this canyoning trip the next day. But when I had breakfast with 4 lovely Belgian girls they convinced me to come with them. So on the very last moment they arranged it all for me. We were brought to the shop to try our wetsuits. If you are very very large or very very small they don't have one but all of us, and two Korean girls that came as well, got a good wetsuit. We then went on to the river where we got a tutorial in good English. The guides made you feel secure and where patient. There are other groups as well but it seemed we are the only ones with a wetsuit and compared with then our group was very small. The canyoning itself was very good. Some descents we did twice. The guides make photographs of you (don't bring a very large camera) and we're joking and had good fun. The lunch was good as well. Pretty simple but it was a good picnic. Afterwards we were tired but had enjoyed every second of our trip. If you are too scared to do a descent they'll comfort you and you can always walk down. But I think none of us did so.

4  Thank Maarten V