“Amazing friendly experience”

Groovy Gecko Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #19 of 101 Tours in Da Lat
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We went canyoning through Groovy Gecko and had an amazing time. Fun filled day with all equipment provided, a big lunch, full adrenaline rush day and felt safe all the time!
We stayed with Mr Ting at Camellia hotel and felt like we were part of his family, he accommodated all our needs and eating dinner with his family was wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble if you asked Mr Ting.
We have been traveling Asia for 3 months & staying at Camellia hotel has been the best stay yet.
A big thanks to all the family!

5  Thank James K
in 9 reviews
"felt safe"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the camellia hotel (which has the same owner as the groovy gecko tours) and I wanted to do this canyoning trip the next day. But when I had breakfast with 4 lovely Belgian girls they convinced me to come with them. So on the very last moment they arranged it all for me. We were brought to the shop to try our wetsuits. If you are very very large or very very small they don't have one but all of us, and two Korean girls that came as well, got a good wetsuit. We then went on to the river where we got a tutorial in good English. The guides made you feel secure and where patient. There are other groups as well but it seemed we are the only ones with a wetsuit and compared with then our group was very small. The canyoning itself was very good. Some descents we did twice. The guides make photographs of you (don't bring a very large camera) and we're joking and had good fun. The lunch was good as well. Pretty simple but it was a good picnic. Afterwards we were tired but had enjoyed every second of our trip. If you are too scared to do a descent they'll comfort you and you can always walk down. But I think none of us did so.

4  Thank Maarten V
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We booked to do canyoning in Dalat with groovy gecko and had a great day! The guides were very professional and also took a lot of photos and videos for us capturing every abseil - they were all very friendly. Lunch was really good and included baguette with a variety of fillings as well as lots of different fruits. I would definately recommend this company to family/friends. I was very nervous but felt very safe. We were not staying at the Camellia hotel which has the same owner as groovy gecko but was still invited there in the evening for a big family Vietnamese feast which I would also highly recommend going to!!

4  Thank Lauren8691
Reviewed July 31, 2014

An amazing day led by helpful, friendly guides who clearly love their job. My boyfriend is slightly afraid of heights and I have a fear of water, but despite this we gave everything a go and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The guides were very supportive, encouraging and patient with us, all of this with constant smiles on their faces. They were a great group of guys, laughing and joking all day whilst still remaining completely professional and ensuring our safety no matter what. This experience made our stay in Da Lat and we are now eager to try other similar activities. Thank you Loc, One and Two. (I'm sorry I don't know how to spell your names so I've written it as you say it!!) Oh - and we had an awesome lunch too, stuffed doesn't cover it and the guides were still encouraging us to 'Eat more! Eat more!'.

2  Thank Kate R
See more reviews
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We spent a wonderful day canyoning with the excellent team of Groovy Gecko. They are professional, sympathic and smily making this day a very nice souvenir. The caynoning itself is just amazing with big jumps, meters of climbing and slippery dips. The temperature of the water was a little bit cold but it doesn't disturb this perfect day.
A small thing, but that makes the difference, the lunch is very good and perfect to have energy for the rest of the day.

2  Thank Emilie F