“Amazing bar !!!”

Ranked #21 of 456 Restaurants in Da Lat
Cuisines: American, Vietnamese, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Serving a mix of Western and Vietnamese food, great coffee and juices, and cheap, plentiful beer, 13 Bar-Cafe is worth a look. We have a beautiful outdoor seating area with lush flowers, fairy lights, and a large avocado tree. Mai, the owner, takes tons of care in her cooking, and uses fresh local ingredients each day. Nearly everything is homemade, and everything is cooked to order, so you can count on a meal filled with love! Chill tunes and good company are also guaranteed!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The owner is super nice. Always smiling and trying to talk to you.
You can play pool for free.
The ambient its super nice, great energy.
The beer its cheap.
And we got free chips and mango ( best mango i have in my life)
was the best place i went in Da Lat.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 2, 2019

We showed up on a saturday night at 7 hoping for all the stuff other reviews mentioned, a good vibe, people, music etc... Instead it was dead empty, except for one squawking bird that was really loud. The lady handed us menus somewhat grumpily, so we found a spot and sat down.

Decided to start with some wine and then see about dinner. Tried to order 2 glasses of Dalat wine, which was the house wine on the menu. Bar lady rolls her eyes and says that she doesn't want to open the bottle for us, because she keeps opening bottles of it and foreigners don't like it.

We've been in Vietnam for 2 months, we know what that wine is like, and why have it on your menu if you're going to refuse to serve it. It almost seemed like she really didn't want us there. I have no idea why we were treated this way but at that point, we just decided to find another place.

Reviewed April 27, 2019

Well this bar is a bit different. We spent some time trying a few different bars and stumbled on this one. The word that comes to mind to describe the decor and atmosphere is "quirky" . This applies also to the bird that periodically screeches from behind its covered cage. There was no service at first and Madam complained she was too busy. I have one foot out the door but when a cold beer arrives, My partner is happy to stay, he offers to share his beer as my drink is forgotten. Madam then notices me and asks me what I want - vodka and pineapple. I hear the blender zoom in the kitchen, it is delivered and the first sip takes my breath away - it is strong. The background music is described as "trance" according to the Danes who are playing pool next to us. Madam then siddles over with a bottle of Galliano and generously tops my drink up. The Bose speakers belt out a few Van Morrison tunes and Into the Mystic transports us to another country, how weird does this feel. Spring rolls are ordered, we play pool with the Danes and the smell of weed floats past from an unknown source. This is a very odd experience for so many reasons. Madam is now a great host as the crowd thins, she delivers a complimentary bowl of chips, Hendrix has a moment on the play list and I relax back in my chair and live in the moment but wonder what might come next.

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

This place has a great atmosphere and the chicken burger was delicious. Spent the afternoon playing pool and drinking beers. The music was so good and the owner even bought us beers at one point

Reviewed April 18, 2019

wouldnt go again for food, but the drinks were 'help yourself' and the staff were lovely. Great music, decor awesome.