“An Experience”

Ranked #21 of 457 Restaurants in Da Lat
Cuisines: American, Vietnamese, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Serving a mix of Western and Vietnamese food, great coffee and juices, and cheap, plentiful beer, 13 Bar-Cafe is worth a look. We have a beautiful outdoor seating area with lush flowers, fairy lights, and a large avocado tree. Mai, the owner, takes tons of care in her cooking, and uses fresh local ingredients each day. Nearly everything is homemade, and everything is cooked to order, so you can count on a meal filled with love! Chill tunes and good company are also guaranteed!
Reviewed April 27, 2019

Well this bar is a bit different. We spent some time trying a few different bars and stumbled on this one. The word that comes to mind to describe the decor and atmosphere is "quirky" . This applies also to the bird that periodically screeches from behind its covered cage. There was no service at first and Madam complained she was too busy. I have one foot out the door but when a cold beer arrives, My partner is happy to stay, he offers to share his beer as my drink is forgotten. Madam then notices me and asks me what I want - vodka and pineapple. I hear the blender zoom in the kitchen, it is delivered and the first sip takes my breath away - it is strong. The background music is described as "trance" according to the Danes who are playing pool next to us. Madam then siddles over with a bottle of Galliano and generously tops my drink up. The Bose speakers belt out a few Van Morrison tunes and Into the Mystic transports us to another country, how weird does this feel. Spring rolls are ordered, we play pool with the Danes and the smell of weed floats past from an unknown source. This is a very odd experience for so many reasons. Madam is now a great host as the crowd thins, she delivers a complimentary bowl of chips, Hendrix has a moment on the play list and I relax back in my chair and live in the moment but wonder what might come next.

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

This place has a great atmosphere and the chicken burger was delicious. Spent the afternoon playing pool and drinking beers. The music was so good and the owner even bought us beers at one point

Reviewed April 18, 2019

wouldnt go again for food, but the drinks were 'help yourself' and the staff were lovely. Great music, decor awesome.

Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

I’ve often eaten here and it has been great food every time. However last time I went we were told no meat was available. The owner did explain to us that this was because the meat at the market seemed off this morning, so can’t fault attention to hygiene. Would certainly recommend.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 1, 2019 via mobile

Great food (green curry with chicken), great strong mojito, great company, easy music, lot of fun. 10

Date of visit: March 2019