“Great little hotel ”
Review of Hoan Hy Hotel

Hoan Hy Hotel
Ranked #46 of 83 Hotels in Da Lat
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We paid $16 a night which was marginally more expensive than the surrounding hotels but for a noticeable increase in quality. The rooms were very well furnished, the receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful. It's on the Main Street but was a little difficult to find (it's in a glass fronted bakery) for the price I couldn't recommend better

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris W
There are newer reviews for Hoan Hy Hotel

Reviewed January 12, 2014

very good staff especially night staff he's very helpful.
i'm arrive dalat very early morning and no idea
luckily hoan hy can check in that time with very good price
the room clean and good smell
the location near market just walk 3-5 min.
on saturday the street will be walking street market

Room Tip: booking tour and bus here reasonable price bakery not good
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank itthayathorn
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Booked with them via Agoda. The room was a little small for guests with big luggages but we got a good deal of 22$/night. The hotel is located right in the city center, walking distance to the market and the beautiful lake, other sightseeings either. We like staying here because we can book city tour with cheap price compared to other agencies, very good for small budget travelers. We slept very well at night and ate yummy breakfast at the lobby.

Room Tip: book directly with the hotel for a good deal
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Keikeiiii
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Rely on trip advisor for my choice of hotels and up till now not been disappointed but sadly am with this one . Mouldy bathroom first room we were shown had no window second one so tiny hardly worth it , thought about moving but can't be bothered only plus is the sweet girls in reception. had much better value for same money $17 night

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We got a good deal on this hotel, $6 a night each but the first rooms they tried to put us in were covered in mould and smelt terrible. They moved us upstairs to good, clean rooms with a very nice bathroom. We wanted to book a bus to Saigon but were tired of being ripped off by paying commission when booking through hotels so we wanted a cheaper price or to go directly to the bus station to buy our tickets, this ended with one of our group being shouted at by a member of staff when we tried to explain how we tired of over paying. ended up booking it through the bus company and it was the same price as the hotel had quoted but we didnt have to put down the 500,000 dong deposit the hotel required. We were told by the receptionist that the bus would arrive in Saigon at 8PM but it didn't get in until after 10PM, which meant we could have taken a night bus, had we known the journey would be 2 hours longer, so double check all the information they give you as they don't know what they're talking about. Very noisey all night long. Saw 2 rats in the lobby (which is also a bakery!) and the staff seemed extremely used to them being there. Nothing is baked fresh in the bakery, but the apple turnovers are worth a taste. would not stay here again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 135violet
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for only one night in the last week and was incredibly disappointed. We were given a room on the ground floor which smelt damp and of smoke. Woken up at 6am by shouting in the lobby between the staff. I will say that some of the staff were lovely, one coming to our room with chocolate following a power cut. However during the same powercut I also saw a rat running around the bakery.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Trinity92
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I booked this hotel based on it being in the lonely planet book and the average reviews on trip advisor but now wish I hadn't. I arrived to have my passport taken (it only says it needs to be shown on arrival) and they promised to return it to me at 11pm but the girl never came to my room like promised. The passports are left in an open draw at the front desk - do not leave it with them! I got to my room which was full of damp. The towels were damp, the sheets and the walls. The walls were also covered in mould. I had no where else to go and had paid in advance online and was so tired from travelling I stayed. I was bitten from head to toe and awoke at 5am itching all over in-spite of spraying insect repellent and sleeping in a coated liner. The bed sheets were stained and the sheets ha hairs in. The electricity is cut off in the mornings which means you basically become a prisoner in the room If you aren't up and ready - luckily I was - but there was no warning of this by the staff when I arrived. There is no computer to use (there is wifi) but this is the first hotel I have been to without at least 1 communal computer - they did offer to let me use their one but it was behind the reception desk. For the price I was paying the facilities and room were totally unacceptable. I asked the older receptionist on the day I arrived for a map (after being in Vietnam for over 3 weeks every hotel and hostel automatically gave me a card and map and was more than helpful in plotting where I was and suggestion places to go) but they didn't have one. A girl from the bakery was sent to get me a ridiculously big map which the receptionist couldn't plot exactly where the hotel was but in the end highlighted the whole street I was on. When I checked out and explained politely how unhappy I was the young receptionist had the nerve to try and charge me for renting the map. The good thing I can say is that the location is great. Other than that I had a terrible night and its the worst hotel I've stayed in in Vietnam. I won't be going back or recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013