My Dream Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsthe ownerfried eggsbackpacker streetgreat budget hotelnice and helpful staffhot waterroom was spaciouschange roomssmall balconylady who runsrecommend staying herecheap hotelfresh breadpleasant stayevery morningtop floorstayed nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Considering I booked and paid for 2 rooms at My Dream Hotel in September, based on the many positive reviews I read, I was disappointed to arrive at reception only to be told that there were no rooms available without any explanation as to why. The owner offered to take us to another property (her own home I think) to which we agreed, being tired after a long bus trip and not wishing to have the hassle of trying to find another hotel ourselves. Yes, this property was ok but considerably further out of the town centre than My Dream Hotel which we had booked. We were told that we would have to go to My Dream Hotel to get our included breakfast and this was a 10 minute walk crossing some VERY BUSY ROADS. Even though we were greeted with a very nice breakfast when we arrived it was really unsatisfactory to have to walk into town to get it. My Dream Hotel was in a much nicer location being close to western style restaurants and shops, ATM's etc. The owner did offer me a ride on the back of a motor scooter when she knew I was not thrilled about the walk to breakfast which I appreciated. The owner was a very nice lady who did her best but I do feel that having paid in advance we were not given what we paid for and I cannot recommend My Dream Hotel to others as I did not stay there and do not know what the rooms were like.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Our room was nice, although the bathroom was a bit smelly; breakfast was plentiful, although no choice and the same each day; charming and helpful staff, but the miniature dog in reception bites! The location is also great and it is great value.

The dog is tiny but mean and bit both me and my girlfriend, unprovoked on more than one occasion. Perhaps they should not keep it in reception.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We booked on agoda for $12 after reading all the glowing reviews about the service. Unfortunately we were let down. When we arrived for check in, there was no one in the office. A young man came running in from outside and showed us to our room without saying a word. When we got to the room he wrote down some numbers on a piece of paper and said 'wifi password' and left. The room was spacious and had many windows so it was airy and let in a lot of light.
The bathroom stank very badly. We did not want to use it the smell was so awful. We had to use air fresher as the smell was overwhelming. The hot water was non-existent when we did decide to use the shower. The furniture in the room is also very old but you can't really complain about that for $12 per night.
After we dropped our bags into the room, we went downstairs to get a map. There was a lot of noise coming from the computer and the young man and his friend were watching a boxing match on their computer and smoking in the confines of the small reception area. It was disgusting.
I can vouch for the other reviews that have mentioned foreign objects in the baguettes served at breakfast. I do not believe it is animal hair but certainly my baguette had an unidentifiable foreign object on two mornings.
We met the owner on our last morning and she was very lovely and extremely helpful to us. We feel sad to write the review on the service being so poor as this comment can only be applied to the young man and I think we were just unlucky.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had à 13 dollar room for two nights, which was good value for money. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The lady, of which I assume that she owns the place is very efficient. They clean the room daily. Breaky is good. I saw one of the cheaper rooms and would not recommand one of those.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2013

i agree about the sanitation of the food here. the room has the very bare essentials. the location was the only thing it got going for it. wasn't impressed by it. the place suited its purpose but will try other places next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo