“An absolute joy.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Artist Alley Restaurant

Artist Alley Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 255 Restaurants in Da Lat
Cuisines: French, Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Artist Alley restaurant is renamed of News And New Art Cafe.Owner Vo Trinh Bien, a famous artist in Vietnam. Artist Alley restaurant located in the end of Truong Cong Dinh street, in the alley. We serve coffee, vietnamese food and western food, especialty, steaks. Weekly traditional Vietnamese music performances.
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“An absolute joy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Be sure to visit the "News and New Art Cafe" and experience a multi sensual time surrounded by quality original art, unique styling and furniture, great atmosphere and above all excellent food. Ambiance is a very important feature for me when choosing a watering hole and this cafe ouzes style and comfort. I happened across this wonderful restaurant whilst ambling along the streets of Dalat and being invited in by two beautiful young ladies promising me good food and wine, they undersold it by quite a large margin. I found myself a seat by the window offering a generous view of the town and sat down to a delightful meal and a glass of local red wine. As cheap as chips and a faultless and comfortable evening. I am ashamed to say I found myself back at the same table every evening of my extended stay in Dalat. The staff, owner and facilities here are 100%. Do not miss it, make a point of going to Dalat purely to visit Mr Vo Trinh Bien, he is a true Star in a world of mediocrity. I will go back purely for the Chilli Chicken in a Clay Pot. 100%

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Da Lat, Vietnam
“News & new art cafe (Truong Cong Dinh 70!!!)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

This "News and new art cafe" is open for just a few months.
The owner worked at he Art cafe before, but now has his own place.
I liked the place very much, because it is very stylish decorated and the owner is an artist who makes a special fingerpainting for you while you are having your meal.
He just gives these paintings away for free.
Above all, the food tasts delicious and the quality-price relationship is very good.
If you want to have lunch or diner with a special experience you should definitely visit this place.
Just check it out once and I'm sure you will go back there!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank bob v
Tel Aviv
“Stay away from this place !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The problems began after we got off the taxy and saw that there are two art cafe next to each other: ״ art cafe״ and " new art cafe". We didn't know which one to choose , but been told that both have the same owner and menu. This is really strange since they are two separated spaces.
On the entrence we got a promotion brochure with 10% discount and free glass of wine. The wine that we were given was the worst one I have ever drank and hard to call wine at all. It was wine with mint as the waiter described or green water with bad flawor as I see it.
After the bad start we order a crab meat soup with artichoke and corn. Yet again we received a plate with water, something swimming inside and few pieces of can artichoke. That was the point when we decided to " cut our loses " and go eat somewhere else.
Ohhh, one last thing that I forgot to mention.... The chairs in the restoraunt are impossible to seat on, they feel like a ״ Vietnamese torture".
Do yourself a favor and eat somewhere else....

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gadidan
Newcastle NSW
“Fine dining for less than $20 for 2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

The photo on TA does not look inviting but in reality the restaurant is delightful both in and out.It may be called a cafe but the ambiance is anything but. Ahhh Vietnam's contradictions. The decor is interesting and understated but shows off the owner's artworks brilliantly; everything was gleaming and the tables were laid perfectly. The service was impecable. We dined in low season which seems very low in Dalat, so on a Monday evening we were not concerned to be the only diners.
There is an extensive menu including many vegetarian dishes - so categorising as 'vegetarian' is not accurate.
Our fresh vegetable rolls were unlike any Id tried before, with the outer of really thin vermicelli pressed into flat sides. Each was served on a lettuce leaf and there was a light chilli sauce. They were really delectable.We ordered the caramellised chicken hotpot and the steamed fish in coconut sauce. Both were so tasty. A previous reviewer writes that the beef was disappointing. I think the better options are pork, chicken, fish and vegetarian. The beef is likely water buffalo or imported from Australia costing extensive airmiles.
Poetry sells red or white wine (no more specific)by the glass but the red was so good we bought the whole bottle ($8.00 Aust). Although the cost of the wine formed half the bill this was quite fine dining of excellent quality and value.
We had been looked after so superbly that of course we agreed to look at the menu for dessert. Flan caramel to share was our choice - we really didn't need more food. There was a discreet phone call and voila - said sweet was quietly delivered a few minutes later. It was an excellent creme caramel.
We dined at poetry again on our last night. The restaurant was busy and the food the same excellent quality.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank gccrawford
Da Lat, Vietnam
“fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Last time, I took my friends came here. 5 of us we chose five diffirent food to share together.We had pumpkin soup, fried & fresh spring rolls, and the chicken lotus salad for appetizers. they were great. The pumpkin soup was outstanding, it was so creamy, and delicious. I really enjoyed it.We ordered a bottle of Dalat red wine .For main courses we had beef stuffed with cheeses serve mashed potato, the chicken with lemongrass and chili,steamed fish in coconut sauce,caramelized pork in a clay pot that I had recommended for my friends and last one with mixed salad and chicken curry. Absolutely we loved the food here.this restanrant is small but nice and romantic place.The atmosphere was great.the staff were friendly as well.so we all really enjoyed &will definately recommend this restaurant to all.

• Visited October 2012