“Amazing Oron Beef BBQ, Incredible Customer Service”
Review of Oron - CLOSED

Oron
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed May 19, 2014

one of the best dining experiences in Vietnam Thus far ...

The staff made us feel extremely welcome from the second we came to view the menu at lunch time, till the moment we left after having dinner there.

There is a Tiny Gap in the language department... but for any traveller, we see that as fun more then something you need to Review about, and with the entire menu in english .. the smiles don't get lost in pointing, but their english is better then a lot of places we have visited.

the BBQ was superb, i thought Lanterns In Nha Trang was going to take the Gong for Top BBQ but these guys take it up a notch ... Their Oron Beef is incredible Beef... coming from an Australian, just take my word for it... The Wild Boar And Duck also mixed up the BBQ experience a bit which made it great.

Costings... the Meats were all 100,000dong each ... Portion servings are good.. with the 3 dishes (plus little condiments that come with it) really filling us up well.. plus seeing Sappora Beer was music to my ears, so we splurged and got a can each of that (80,000) ... so not the cheapest meal, but one must occasionally enjoy a good meal.. and this certainly ticked that box.

Our Waiter was brand new, But did everything in his power to make sure we had a great evening, So thankyou greatly if you read this, And the Owner/Senior Chef lady was Very Very nice, coming over to chat on occasions (although she didn't speak a word of english) plus a honey Yogurt Dessert and Tea to Compliment the Meal on the House.

i wish we had more time here so we could return, but i highly recommend u pop in for a evening.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Admittedly, food was not too bad once we ordered.... but the staff really spoke very very little English. I'm sure this place would be fine for Vietnamese travellers.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Oron is the best restaurant we've been to in Da Lat! Very good food for a resonable price. Staff is very friendly too. My recommendation is the beef BBQ!

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The food was wonderful, we just took a bbq grill and orderd in food i havent tasted before. One of them was sprawn and you recived them alive on a stick still moving and then you cook them yourself on the grill. You wont taste it more fresh then that.
If you are not a member of green peace om peta and would like to try some asian food culture with out sitting on a doll chair this is the place for you.
PS. buy a bottle och Rice wine to your food and you will get the true east asia food experience!

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Had a fabulous meal. Once you get the concept it all makes sense.

Our waitress, Tram Anh, was excellent. She explained everything as best she could, and was very friendly and helpful.

We had the table BBQ with squid, wild boar & beef Oron. Two portions of white rice and 4 beers. Came to VND 350. Each of the boar, beef and squid came with its own salad and dipping/dressing. Tram Anh showed us how to use the grill & which meat went with which salad. My favourite was the beef, which once grilled you dipped into a sauce and then wrapped in a lettuce leaf with tomato- delicious. Everything was so fresh, and I loved that you could see the immaculate, stainless steel kitchen on show.

At the end of our meal we were given a delicious glass of yoghurt- a nice touch.

Alternatively, Tram Ann explained that we could have had a hot pot, which, from looking at other tables appeared to be a glass soup like pot, again served in the middle of the table for all to share.

I can understand that, if you don't get the concept it may appear daunting. Also, the more in the group, the more different flavours you can order and share, but I wouldn't be put off if only two of you.

My husband and I were the only non Vietnamese in the restaurant which I liked. Also, we enjoy a variety of food, from street food to basic cafés, but it was nice to eat in a really lovely restaurant but not feel that we were being ripped off with European prices.