“Say what?”
Review of Oron - CLOSED

Oron
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The one star is for the friendly staff. But paying 100.000 vnd for a stucky heap of garlic rice and another 100.000 vnd for a few slices of beef that were grilled by a lovely girl at the table who speaks 2 words of English? Way overpriced and we left hungry. We were to sad to eat the sad salad of a few slices of tomato, cucumber and lettuce that looked naked without a dressing. They try their best, but we just don't recommend this place.

1  Thank Annika V
tripposti, Owner at Oron, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear, thank you for taking your time writing us a review. This is a disaster, we've recently received another review about our pricing as well. It seems this gonna be a challenge for us. After reading about your dishes, I recognize this error happens due to our suggestions or unsuitable orders. Our customers are expected to spend from $5 to $10 per one person for a meal at our place. However, with 200,000 VND probably a good lunch or dinner still possible thanks to our wide range of options from the menu. The staff probably did not so experience and consideration about this matter but advising customers about our routine foods. Our place is not cheap according to other reviews in the past, and it is so true. I'm sorry, we can't adjust much so solve your matter at the moment, but, we have many choices in our menu that will hit many cases.

ORON is a hot pot restaurant and its pricing system was built for groups. The more people in a group, the price will be lower and more advantage. However, to be alone or couple, probably, it'll need your dedication in choosing and ordering your dishes. On the other hand, to make sure your trip does not go worse, why don't you try our local street foods? You'll be able to experience the locals and it'll be fun. Remember to ask for prices before you go for it in case you meet a bad dealer. Finally, never try anything in the market.

Thank you for giving us a chance to serve you. I deeply apologize and wish you and your family healthy always.

Oh, I almost forget to tell you about cucumber, tomato and vegetable without a dressing, they seems to be an accessory that comes along with the beef, they are supposed to be consumed fresh with the sauce. I hope you'll forgive us for this and consider it as a culture differences matter. Thank you very much.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

First restaurant visit in Dalat, went based on reviews. Way overrated. Very average service, really no ambience. Staff did not speak English. I think this place is more suited for Vietnamese tourists coming to Dalat. Better restaurants elsewhere in town. Food was ok but nothing special.

tripposti, Owner at Oron, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Hello, thank you for your review. I'm so sorry you did not have a very good experience at our place. You are right, only few of my staff can speak English at limited level and we are a local focus restaurant with mainly Vietnamese dishes. However, I hope you didn't get into any trouble to order your food. I'm so much appreciate if you can give us more some detail information such as what time did you get to our place? Where did you sit? How many friends with you? Which dishes did you have? How do you want it to be? I'll make sure to improve this matter somehow. Thanks again and hope to see you around.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my family during summer. The food was very good, more than I had expected from a grill and hot pot restaurant. I've been to many restaurants but this is one of a kind, very impressive. The price was a little expensive but worth it. The atmosphere was very nice and cozy. The staff was attentive and very polite. They also received customers' feedbacks with a very positive attitude. I highly recommend the place and be sure to return if I have a chance.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This place, probably, is the best BBQ place you can ever find in Da Lat with fresh foods and nice atmosphere. In Da Lat, it's going to be not easy to have such quality BBQ and hotpot. Especially, this would be a right place for special family dinner or when you dine with a group of friends. When I visit Da Lat next time, I will definitely revisit this place and also recommend you to try it.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

what a gem! Great food, great value and wonderful time. Like others the welcome was warm, the decor / ambience was modern and the food was great. While it specialises in hot pot or BBQ, we settled on the BBQ with five dishes - beef , duck, ocra, squid and mushrooms. Our attentive waitress showed us the fine art of table BBQ. wine list was good, and we chose a great Chilean cabernet. While limited English is spoken, the staff are extremely helpful and they currently reprinting their menus in English. Highly recommended, and well worth a good tip.

tripposti, Owner at Oron, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you very much, it's hard to resist keeping reading your fabulous review over and over. We had a meeting last night to sum up a week. I told my staff about your review and it seemed like my upstair little girl was a bit shaky, wonder if you did sit upstair. My staff were so happy to know about your review. Thank you for your kind words, wish you'll revisit us someday.

Also, you know, even for me, I'm a bit scared just looking at the ways my staff handle international customers with their limited English. How can they explain everything to you? I'm not so brave standing there looking, I guess I'm gotta hide somewhere. That's scary!