Hai Long Vuong Hotel
$29
$25
$150
$138
All reviewsthe ownerspacious with great viewseasily bookdog meatgreat vegetarian restauranthotel is spotlessly cleannice warm showerlovely coupleowners are extremely nicequiet streetminute walkfree pool tablebeautiful familyclean towelsperfect place to staybook tripsday tour
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We spent five or six nights @ Hai Long Vuong Hotel.

First of all, it's more like a big Homestay, since the family lives in the same building ;)
The owners are extremely nice and helpfull, and over the time of our stay they have helped us out numerous times (sightseeing, transportation, food etc.).
By the way, their english is very good :)

So, for the first two nights we had a room with no windows to the outside, so we asked if we could switch to a room with windows. As soon as one was free (as I said, after two nights) we switched rooms and got a really big room (two double beds), and an awesome big window for the same price!

The rooms are cleaned every day, I think, if you leave your keys at the reception when you leave the hotel. Something I wouldn't have expected that from a hotel that's so cheap, but I guess that's one of the advantages of being the guest in a family-run hotel :)

Yes, the rooms are a little bit noisy, but I never had problem with sleeping (both our rooms were on the first floor), and as far as I know they are soundproofing the rooms in the next weeks (the sound-proofing material is already there ;) ).

After all, I had a hard time deciding if I'll go with four or five points.
I went with five, since this is probably one of the cheapest (if not THE cheapest) hotel in the area, but you still get room-service, reasonable-sized, clean rooms, a helpful couple if you ever need something and so on.
They also rent out bikes and have one of the fastest laundrys I have ever encountered on my ongoing trip through Asia.

While this hotel might not be perfect, I have been to so much worse, and the value for money is unbeatable. That's why I went with five points.

By the way, yes, it's a little bit outside of the city, but we walked there in about 15 minutes and there's enough stores and restaurants close, so that you don't have to walk too far on a rainy day.
Would definitely go here again, if I'm on a budget in Dalat :)

Room Tip: As some people said, it is a little bit noisy in the first floor (but like I said, I never had a problem to sleep through the night, neither did my girlfriend) - so if you're sensitive you might ask for a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FerdinandizZzle
HaiLongVuong_Hotel, Owner at Hai Long Vuong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Lol so sweet and lovely review.
Thanks my friend. we will try until you give us 5 without wonder about 4.5 or 5 ^_^

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I read all the reviews be4 booking this hotel and perhaps that' s why I am disappointed.
- the location is a bit far from the centre. Dalat is very small which make it seems like we are so far away from the fun.
- the room looks clean but I was welcomed by 2 cockroaches when I arrived. Ok, no big deal!
- the room is very basic . But for that price, it's actually ok.
- a big negative point is the noise. In such a quiet surrounding, any noise seems to be much more annoying than usual. The room has absolutely no sound proof system. You can be waken up by your neighbour closing their door or flushing their toilet in the middle of the night.
- the hotel owners are very friendly- that's true! But they were not very professional. We asked them for help with the taxi arrangement 4 hrs before our flight. He told us that it's not necessary to do that in advance. So we trusted him and waited. 2 hrs before our flight, he couldn't help us to find an available taxi. I understand it wasn't his fault that all his taxi partners were fully booked. But instead of helping us out or saying anything, he just went away and did something else, leaving us waiting at the reception, thinking that the taxi is coming. His wife helped us to call the local taxi at the end. Results: what we had to pay for the trip was equal 1 extra night. We were at speed limit and almost missed the flight (it was the last flight of the day).

Anyway, even without the last minute incident, I think I would not return here. I would be willing to pay a bit more for a better room in a more vibrant area (it's a matter of personal taste).

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank TrangNRotterdam
HaiLongVuong_Hotel, Owner at Hai Long Vuong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

so terrible you are when you said like that after every thing we do for you.
we tried our best to find taxi for you.
we ordered a shuttle bus in the early morning for you, and the bus would come at 1:00 pm(2 hours before you depart) to pick you up, you did agree but after that you changed your mind and cancle because you still want to go arround dalat. It is not our fault if you was late when you came back to hotel at 1:30pm.
you asked us hurry call a taxi for you and we tried to do.
in da lat, there are 3 taxi company and there are less than 150 taxi. if you book a taxi 4hours before you go, they could accept but after that they will not come because nobody waste 4hours to wait for you just because of some money from you.
the cheapest company was over book when we called.
i tried to call for some one we know in the third company to ask the best price for you but you did not agree and ask for the second company. and i called for them as you want. you were late because you came back late so please don't blame on another one
it is heavy rain day, we have some problem from the terrace because some customers did not close the door so that water every where in the room. they asked my husband to come and help them, so that is not his fault if he could not help you to call taxi for you while i was doing it.
if every helpful from us is nothing for you so you can't never feel any helpful from any body else

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We wanted to like this place so much, for the absolutely lovely, helpful, and English speaking couple that runs the place. No bad word about them.

The room was also good for the price. Little worn, but good enough for the basic needs. Location is really nice, out from the inner city hazzle, but totally walkable.

However, there is so much noise, that sleeping was not comfortable. To our first floor room, we could very clearly hear the other guests talking and laughing around in the lobby till 11pm and the talk started again after 6am. When the purpose was to relax at the highlands after busy cities, this just was not comfortable.

We turned down the kind offer to stay in the lobby for free, since they were full for the next night, and found a lovely, quiet hotel just next door.

2  Thank aj e

Thanks my dear friend.
i hope next time when you come here, you will see that all the room are better.
Thanks for you honesty review. It is really good for us.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We arrived at the hotel a little later than expected, and unfortunately the owner had given our room to another guest, so we agreed to stay in an internal room for the first night and then move to a double room with window for the remaining 3 nights of our stay. The internal room was clean and comfortable, however, as it was on the first floor and next to the stairwell to reception it was noisy and we did not sleep too well that night. The owners are, however, making some improvements to the hotel, including looking at noise reduction.The following day, as promised, the owner moved us to a lovely spacious double room (with two double beds) at the front of the hotel on the third floor. This room was really lovely and much quieter, so we slept very well from then on. They even moved our luggage for us. As other reviewers have commented, the couple running the hotel are really lovely and welcome you as friends. The husband gave us a great recommendation for a walk from Bo Dai Palace to Datanla falls which was really wonderful and one of the highlights of our stay. The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the centre of Dalat which did not bother us as we really enjoyed the walk, especially in the evening walking back after dinner in town. The Crazy House and Bo Dai Palace are also within walking distance of the hotel.The owners also recommended a nice cafe nearby for breakfast called Tomato which was good value. We went to another local cafe another morning and nearly got scammed by boys offering a shoe shine service, so please be aware of this. Overall, a lovely hotel which we would stay in again if we return to Dalat.

1  Thank Nigel H

my sweet friend. thanks for your review. hope to see you again

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our first night was a shaky start as the room we were in was very noisy and the light from the hallway came through an internal window. We did not sleep at all well.
We were moved the next day to room 304 which was lovely. It was quiet and there was no hall light keeping us awake. The beds are comfortable, not hard like a lot of beds in Vietnam,although the nylon pillowcases a bit hot. The first room just had a blanket, no top sheet, but this room had a duvet in a cotton cover.
The owners are very friendly and helpful and we left feeling that we have new friends, rather than just having left another hotel.
The couple are refurbishing the noisy rooms and working with designers to see how they can make quieter and more relaxing. I think they will succeed.
At present there is no breakfast, but they are planning on having a breakfast area in the large reception. They may also create a lovely relaxation place on the balcony.
I believe that when they have finished their plans, this will be scoring 5.
It is a little out of town, which I was concerned about the first day, but after that I loved teh walk into town for dinner and the walk back to let it settle. it wasn't far, besides which, it was a lot quieter than the hostels and hotels in town. It was also handy for the Summer Palace and Crazy House as you could walk uphill to them in the cool of the morning and then walk downhill into the town when it started getting hot.
It was certainly good value for money.

Room Tip: Not 101 until they have refurbished, but 304 was great.
1  Thank Val-Director