“The owners were fantastic”

Hai Long Vuong Hotel
Ranked #1 of 341 Da Lat B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went to this hotel because of the reviews.
The hotel is 15 minutes from the centre of town in a quiet street. It is clean, quiet and safe. But like the other reviews have mentioned - It's the owners (Tien and Viet) that make this hotel great. They spoke good English and were always willing to help with good honest recommendations of places to go and do.

On one night Tien took myself and a few other guests out to a local restaurant to try a local dessert. A great experience! There are maybe other hotels which offer better facilities or are nearer to the center but I'm so happy to have stayed at this hotel.

The owners were just fantastic and one of the highlights of my trip.

Some recommendations.
Breakfast or coffee in the morning would be great but there are some places nearby where you can get breakfast. The Crazy House is 10 minutes walk from the hotel and worth seeing.
p.s. You can hire mopeds from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank 11Feb2013c

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Me and my family stayed 2 nights in this hotel and we were treated as if we are part of the family. The first night itself, I was asking direction to get to the closest place to have supper and I've been told that all the shops closed at 9. At that time, the couple was so nice and they offered me some of their local foods, they are so lovely and they didn't charge any single cent. I can definitely rate 5 star for the service!
On the second night, we were surprised by the hotel owner! The couple invited the other guest of the hotel and celebrated my dad's birthday. We chill, we make friends with other guest and also we tasted the local vietnamese wine! What more I can say! This shows how awesome they are, how friendly they treated the guest. The couple is very lovely and we will definitely come back again. All of the kindness really makes us feel like we're home and it's exceeded our expectations! Another plus point is that the couple can speak really well english compared to other places and this is very helpful. Furthermore, the location is good. Cafes, restaurant and market is just few minutes walking distance.
It's highly recommended to stay here if the guest are searching hotel with 5 star services and ideal price!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank ssLim_89
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice family running the hotel but they had no breakfast! The room is ok for a few day.
We can't get a taxi during holiday from the hotel, no restaurant and shop arround. Not a good choice for comfortable vacation. It is Ok for a price.

Room Tip: Room on the back side more quieter!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrew W
HaiLongVuong_Hotel, Owner at Hai Long Vuong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

I'm sorry, I couldn't find your name in my customers list. Can you tell me your name, which day did you stay in my Hotel. I think you have something wrong. There are some very good restaurant nearby my hotel. that is Tu Hanh vegetarian restaurant, Sapa restaurant, Pizza Tet.... and a lot of coffee shop. my customers could get Taxi very easy. I can call the taxi for them and just after 3 minutes the taxi will come.
Thank so much for your complaint ! we'll make good our shortcomings

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

The owner is so lovely, if you have any problems or want more towels or anything just go and ask him and he will sort it out for you immediately. They also speak pretty good English compared to all the restaurants and other places in Dalat, which is very helpful. Location is not bad for the price, only a short walk into town. Rooms cleaned everyday. Only thing is there is no aircon although this doesn't really matter as the temperatures in Dalat are not very hot as its high in mountains. Great place to stay though.

• Stayed: February 2013
6  Thank Lucy H
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Husband and I stayed 4 nights and loved the place. We were treated just like family. It's a highly recommended place and it exceeded our expectations. Will definitely come back. I wish we could have stayed longer in Dalat and with them.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mary N
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and loved it, the owners are amazing and will help you anyway they can. Tien even took us on free tour of Dalat countryside (we just had to pay for the bike) then in evening she took us to restaurant with some of best tasting food iv ever had. The rooms are spot on for what I paid, clean comfortable and hot water. Location is about 10 min walk to centre which is no problem. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Ashleyhouston
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Hai Long Vuong for 4 nights. We originally planned to stay 2 but we were enjoying ourselves so much at the hotel that we extended our stay. This was the best place we stayed in Vietnam overall. The hospitality shown to us by Tien and Viet was better than any I have experienced anywhere else. They made us feel very welcome in their home and never put any pressure on us to book any trips. They helped us with everything we needed and we had many enjoyable evenings in their company. We also had the oppurtunity to meet fellow travellers as Tien and Viet encourage everyone who is in the hotel to sit and have tea together.They both speak English very well and it is easy to have a good time with them. They want you to enjoy Dalat and can help to point you in the right direction when looking to explore the area.
We arrived to Dalat expecting to see some beautiful countryside but we were surprised and delighted to have had the wonderful company of Tien and Viet and to feel as though we had made some real friends in Vietnam.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple