“Boring, no atmosphere bad music”
Review of The Hangout Bar

The Hangout Bar
Ranked #59 of 279 Restaurants in Da Lat
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Fast Food
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Perth, Australia
“Boring, no atmosphere bad music”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We read about this bar in lonely planet so decided to check it out, The only thing it had going for it was free pool, the atmosphere is dead and the owner is miserable doesnt care about customers. Would be better with re-styling the bar. Beer was 20,000 not bad mixed drinks were weak tasted watered down, There is other bars around with more life, If there is nothing else open have a beer, Lonely planet needs to visit again.....

2 Thank josh b

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Just a cool place to be”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was travelling through Vietnam by myself in March & jusy found this place while walking around Dalat. The food was great & so was the company. I will go back there again next time I'm in town.

• Visited March 2013
“Relaxed”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I just went by the hangout to thank Tuan for taking such good care of my boyfriend that morning, taking us to the hospital and making sure he was well taken care of there. ( we had been on an easyrider trip when he got sick) He offered me a drink, and gave me some fruit he had bought especially for my bf. Meanwhile all other guests were also looked after and all looked happy, having some beers from the fridge and playing pool. It is a small cafe, but a nice place in the city center to have a drink.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Annika V
Pleiku, Vietnam
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best bar in Dalat”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Come to there like you are at home. Friendly service, great atmostphere! They offer free games, movies are always available. Chit chat and walk around pool table, bet some changes and get more travel tips here! Come to see and try to experience.
Hangout or overnight^^

• Visited December 2012
Binghamton, New York
“unfriendly, so many better places in Dalat”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We didn't actually stay long enough at this bar to have a drink. The sign said free pool and happy hour 5 to 7 and again at 9 to 10. We walked in at 945 thinking we could still have a quick happy hour drink before 10. The man working seemed very uninterested when we walked in, he was watching TV. We asked about happy hour drinks and he made an expression like, what are you talking about, happy hour is over. I said, doesn't it end at 10? He made a grunt noise and looked at the clock. He said OK, we have buy 2 gin and tonics and get one free. They had no beer specials. Cans of beer were $1. He seemed like he could really care less so we just said thank you and left. There are many nice places in Dalat, I recommend elsewhere.

• Visited May 2013