“Just a cool place to be”
Review of The Hangout Bar

The Hangout Bar
Ranked #70 of 303 Restaurants in Da Lat
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Fast Food
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was travelling through Vietnam by myself in March & jusy found this place while walking around Dalat. The food was great & so was the company. I will go back there again next time I'm in town.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I just went by the hangout to thank Tuan for taking such good care of my boyfriend that morning, taking us to the hospital and making sure he was well taken care of there. ( we had been on an easyrider trip when he got sick) He offered me a drink, and gave me some fruit he had bought especially for my bf. Meanwhile all other guests were also looked after and all looked happy, having some beers from the fridge and playing pool. It is a small cafe, but a nice place in the city center to have a drink.

2  Thank Annika V
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Come to there like you are at home. Friendly service, great atmostphere! They offer free games, movies are always available. Chit chat and walk around pool table, bet some changes and get more travel tips here! Come to see and try to experience.
Hangout or overnight^^

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We didn't actually stay long enough at this bar to have a drink. The sign said free pool and happy hour 5 to 7 and again at 9 to 10. We walked in at 945 thinking we could still have a quick happy hour drink before 10. The man working seemed very uninterested when we walked in, he was watching TV. We asked about happy hour drinks and he made an expression like, what are you talking about, happy hour is over. I said, doesn't it end at 10? He made a grunt noise and looked at the clock. He said OK, we have buy 2 gin and tonics and get one free. They had no beer specials. Cans of beer were $1. He seemed like he could really care less so we just said thank you and left. There are many nice places in Dalat, I recommend elsewhere.

3  Thank tara k
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Hangout is a great bar to relax and talk to locals as well as interesting travelers. My Girlfriend and I were in Dalat for four days, and we would stop by and chat here every night. The staff were so friendly that we always ended up chatting for hours. There's a pool table in the middle, a few tables along the side and a bar at the back with six or seven stools. The bar was always clean as well as the bathrooms. Though after a few drinks the spiral staircase down from them could be a bit daunting. They had a tree up for the holidays, adding a festive atmospere.

They had daily drink specials, and even when it was not happy hour the beer was cheaper than other places. The pool table was free. We only ate french fries there once, but they were delicious. It's not fine diving, but a great dive bar with yummy bar fries. If you like a relaxed atmosphere where you can meet other interesting people then this is the place for you.

Special thanks to the owner Phi and the great bartender Hung for making us feel welcome so far from home.

I even wrote about it in my blog because we enjoyed it there so much.

3  Thank MichaelBenck