All reviews antique elevator classic hotel standard room french style sister hotel breakfast buffet beautiful hotel short stay there is no air conditioning min walk town centre nice breakfast vietnamese food stayed nights night market xuan huong lake cage
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

The rooms and the design were great, but there were no warm water for 10 mins while the hot water were running.
Tge breakfast buffet was good, but some stuff were not as good as I expected from a 4 star hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

My Girlfriend and I booked the superior room (1.800 VND per night, approx. 78$ a night). The welcoming was everything except nice, it was a big mess in the entrance and our room was enot ready yet. We had to wait for what turns out to be the worst hotel experience ever!

First of all the bed was to small for me (I am 1.80 meters tall and the bed was not much longer). The blanket and the bed-linen that were put on the bed resulted in an allergic reaction on my girlfriends body, rash everywhere. We asked for a different blanket and new bed-linen to stop the rash. After two times they finally understood what we needed.

We woke up several times from a tedious noise, sounded like someone was pounding on the door every minute). The bed resulted in a pain in the back for me and my girlfriend.
Futhermore we did not had a hot shower (cold and less water).

Once we arrived in the restaurant to have breakfast we could only get a cold buffet (it tastes foul and was the worst breakfast I have ever had in Vietnam). In the late morning I started feeling sick caused due to the breakfast.

We went back to our room and it turned out that the van was broken too. Instead of fixing it, we received a noisy small van. Once we started complaining the hotel tried to buy us of with sweets, something that shows they did not take us serious.

THIS IS NOT A 4* HOTEL. Please save your money and go to a different hotel. This hotel is not worth it’s money!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

It’s a nice and old hotel that gives you the sense of nostalgic vibe from the French colonial period. The architecture was intact and it’s quite charming and it goes with the atmosphere of the mountain city. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2018

This (formerly Novotel by Accor) hotel has gone down so far in it's quality and service that we shall never return, though we've stayed here often in the past. It no longer is suitable for international travelers. The rooms, very small, do not have air conditioning, and the ceiling fan was non-functional. The lighting (very poor) was by deadly spiral light-saver bulbs of very low wattage (couldn't see at night). The curtains (sheers and drapes) would not close properly, the pull-strings were broken. The antiquated elevator belongs in a museum; it was non-functional half the time. Woe to the person staying on an upper floor with large suitcases! The breakfast room was a joy to the local countryside folks who only wanted local dishes--international food was unavailable. We asked for service (especially for the fan), which was promised, but never was delivered. Altogether an unpleasant experience.

Room tip: pay a little more and go to a higher-class hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We were here for 2 nights and could not sleep properly due to kids running up and down the hallways and loud guests in the hallways until way past midnight. It is so full with busloads all the time that it is hard for them to keep on top of the cleanliness. Location great and food ok.

Date of stay: July 2018