“Best Hotel In Dalat”

Dalat Palace Heritage Hotel
Ranked #44 of 90 Hotels in Da Lat
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel after a bad experience at another hotel. This hotel put my faith back into first class service in Vietnam..This hotel was very well priced and as I said it was first class.they bent over backwards to help us and did everything beautifully and nothing was to much for them.

Room Tip: Just use this Hotel and avoid the nightmare we had with the other that we stay only half an hour at.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank traveleasy123

Reviewed May 4, 2013

What an absolutely wonderful hotel. Perfectly located and an antique marve. "Oldie Worldy" in all the best ways. The service was brilliant, the breakfasts wre fantastic and everybody we encountered were polite and very helpful. At breakfast they will even cook your eggs and toast exactly how you like them. The view from the front of the hotel overlooking the lake was an incredible sight at 5.30AM, you must take photos at sunrise. The rooms were large and furnished in provincial decor with a marvellous antique bathroom with a claw footed bath tub.
Some tips - Dinner in their restaurant is expensive, try Larrys Bar at the rear or a very nice and cheaper reastaurant attached to the Palace next door. Watch yourselves walking down the stone steps at the rear of the hotel, poor lighting caused me to perform and inglorious "faceplant" one night after some rain.
You must stay here and explore the beautiful City of Dalat and the mountainous regions on the back of a motorbike, unbelievable fantastic day.

Room Tip: Choose a balcony room at the front of the hotel overlooking the lake. Do some early "restaurant...
1  Thank Narragin
Reviewed April 26, 2013

i stay in dalat and my best friends invite me stay with them.so i have the experience very nice.this is a paradise on the world.every service professional.i commen to you.the staff was very friendly.i really enjoy my life.

1  Thank Tram N
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I love restored colonial-era hotels, so I was very much looking forward to my stay at the Dalat Palace. It's a great property with spectacular views. But the owners/management need to make a few changes to earn the full five stars in my opinion.

First, the good: the staff were very helpful and kind. The rooms are lovely and clean. Bedding was good (although the mattress may have been a tad soft for my liking). Wifi was free and fast.

Second, where things can be improved: The room service menu, while served 24 hours, is quite limited. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was good, but also fairly limited as far as hotel buffets go. Plus, they stop service at 10 am sharp. Tourists who want to sleep in a bit who want breakfast after that time are out of luck (the same goes for the affiliated restaurant Cafe de la Poste). The hotel always seemed eerily quiet. I saw other guests come in and out, and occasionally during the breakfast service, but there was a definite lack of energy. The minibar in the room wasn't plugged in (and I couldn't find an outlet), so beverages were warm.

Despite the above, I still wholeheartedly recommend the Dalat Palace. It is really quite lovely. I'd really like this place to rank amongst the best in the country, but they need to do a little more work to get there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JWeiden
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel was certainly grand in its day and probably well kept while it was a Sofitel but no more. It is now a worn down property. First of all, it does not have ac and due to the Mosquitos you have to keep windows shut. Our room had a fan but the cord was all frayed. Staff speak limited English so difficult to communicate. One of the converters in the room had melted. Makes one concerned about the electrical. The bathroom has a claw foot tub however water gets everywhere.

The breakfast buffet was good, eggs made to order. The pastry chef deserves special mention. The croissants and pastry desserts are amazing. We had dinner in the dining room. It was beautiful but we were the only ones there, kind of weird. Food was nice, French colonial and local treats like atrichoke salad that was very nice. If you do not stay here, it is worth a trip to see the place.

We also tried the spa for manicure and pedicure. It was just ok, took a long time but ok.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake.
1  Thank globetrottertoday
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here for four nights and had a wonderful time. The staff are excellent, so friendly and welcoming and they really make you feel special. We had a problem with the plumbing in our room on the first night but our room was changed and upgraded without any fuss.
The afternoon high tea is a delight but I would challenge anyone to eat it all.
The lack of air conditioning might prove difficult for some in high season, and the stairs and steps around the hotel wouldn't suit the less mobile. But for a sumptuous experience which you will never forget, the Dalat Palce would be hard to beat.
Don't miss the train ride at the local station!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I booked my mother and I for a manicure and pedicure at this hotel spa as a treat. We were not staying at the hotel so I cannot comment on the rooms. The service we encountered was fantastic, friendly and welcoming.
However the skill of the pedicure and manicure was appalling. I am not sure these therapists have had any training and I sincerely hope they sterilise the instruments due to the traumatic way they are used. No preparation of the nail is made. A small amount of cuticle cream is applied before it is massicured. The cuticle was cut very roughly, bleeding at points. The nail was dug into by the cuticle trimmers, which was then smoothed out by the therapist having to peel off the top layer of my nail using the trimmers and tearing it off!? This happened on almost every nail while the therapist rushed through watching the clock the whole time (we were 20 minutes early for the appointment booked). The nail painting was satisfactory but since the state of my nail was ragged due to the unneccesary peeling it looked awful. During the whole time my hands were being done the therapist soaked my feet. I thought it might've been in treatment oil or something but when they were taken out of the now cold water they were grey and wrinkled and had been over soaked and as such turned very dry following. My toe nails were then massicured in a similar manner as above. All very unpleasant and expensive for the lack if skill and discomfort.
I would expect more from a spa in a smart hotel like this.

• Stayed: April 2013