“Make the most of your time in Vietnam and do it.”

Dalat Easy Rider Club
Ranked #12 of 94 Tours in Da Lat
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear travellers. Dalat easy rider club is getting popular after trying hard to work for years. We have only one website.
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Make the most of your time in Vietnam and do it.”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We were initially put off by the prices quoted to us by the many "easy rider" groups stationed all over Da lat because they seemed so much more expensive than we had anticipated. We were won over however by the cheerful banter and easy confidence if the group.

My girlfriend and I paired up with Lan an An, two amazingly friendly and knowledgeable Vietnamese gentlemen. We rode pillion on their well-maintained bikes from Da Lat to Nha Trang over three amazing days. We requested an experience that was off the beaten track and boy did we get it.

I couldn't describe the whole experience but we rode through some of the most beautiful landscapes i have seen in my travels, pulling over frequently to take in the sites and listen to the insights of our guides - all at a pace that was totally up to us. We saw silk factories, plantations, isolated minority villages full of smiling, waving children and ate delicious and cheap food.

I had the pleasure of riding pillion with Lan, who has perfectly fluent English, a charming disposition and a wealth of jokes to make you laugh out loud.

I could go on forever about the trip and these guys but I urge you just to weigh up how little money it is in the scheme of things and give it a shot, man was it worth it.

Best of luck to our good friends Lan and An.

Cheers for the experience,
Alex

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Alex B

• Hebrew first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“two day tour from Dalat to Nha Trang”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I wasn't sure about doing this as I'm travelling on my own, but after talking to my guide/driver Binh I was convinsed that it was going to be goo, and it definitely was the best thing! It is a bit costly, but it's money well spent. If I'd have more time I would've done more days for sure.

Binh was a great driver, he took very good care of me and I felt very afe and comfortable with him. The bike was comfy and he drove super so no need to be scared :). We stopped at several interesting place and I always got plenty of interesting information from Binh about the life in Vietnam and history. Food on the way was great and cheap and the accommodation for the night at Lak lake was very comfortable.

Don't think about doing it- just do it! You won't regret this!! I highly recommend Bing Berliner as your guide from the Dalat Easy Rider Club.

Thank you Binh! -Pirre J.(Finland)

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kaalimato
Innsbruck, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We traveled with Sinhh and Aki for three days and it was awesome. Our trip took us from Dalat to Lak lake, from there near the border of Cambodia and our final stop was Bao Loc, where we took the bus to Saigon.
At the beginning we wanted to take only a day trip, but Sinh and all his recommendations convinced us to hop on for a 3 day trip. We didn't regret it. These three days have been one of the most experienced and exciting days of our two weeks in Vietnam.
Sinh showed us places, which you can't find online and he told us so much of the country and the culture. It was always interesting and he had always an answer to our questions.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank jokerito
Tel Aviv District, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Authentic, informative and lots of fun! ”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

During a trip through southeast Asia we arrived at Dalat, decided to do an easyrider tour. Walked in to the easyrider club and felt at home, great guys, extremely hospitable with a great price. Next day our guide (Ut - he's the man!), picked us up from the hotel took time explained everything we wanted to know, and made every effort to make the day great. What a great experience!

1 Thank Edokon
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Mixed Bag”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had 7 days of a 3 week holiday left in Vietnam when we got to DaLat. The two things left we really wanted to do were a motorcycle tour and as Aussies visit the Long Tan battlefield.
The "original" DaLat easy riders had been recommended to us and we emailed the office. Luv and Hoi came to our hotel showed us glowing reports and took us out for a day trip. Luv's english is pretty good and his knowledge excellent. He explained Hoi "his brother" was learning to be an easyrider and his english wasn't so good. Hoi is lovely. Very attentive and eager to learn. Together we had much fun teaching each other our languages. We will miss him.
Luv convinced us to do a six day tour of the highlands ending in Saigon and taking in Long Tan. At $75 US a day each, not a cheap trip!!! and he asked for a $300 deposit. By morning we were convinced they weren't going to be there. But there they were bright and cheery.

I am 44 and my partner 58. We are no spring chickens and were understandably nervous, but the first 4 days were truly amazing. Really the only way to see the real Vietnam. We saw and experienced so much I couldn't begin to do it justice with just words and in this space. All the rave reviews are completely warranted and Luv and Hoi were funny, kind and considerate to all our needs stopping regularly for breaks and photo stops.

The next couple of days were where we came unstuck. Luv had obviously not been that route before. Fairs fair, he had told us he hadn't been to Long Tan before and his suggestion of going down the coast sounded great. We passed through interesting fishing villages and resort towns but had many stop start stop starts asking for directions. By 1 pm on the 6th day in the district of Longh Thanh it was blatantly apparent he had no idea. I then googled the battle site and found on Google maps it was 1 1/2 hours back the way we had come. Too far to go back to. My partner who'd lost a friend on the battlefield was bitterly disappointed. We had basically wasted two days and $300 US. (We were originally going to do an organised tour from Saigon. The 4/5 day regular motorcycle tour to Saigon would have worked perfectly).

As I said fairs fair he did get us to Longh Thanh. The straw that broke the camels back though, was that after all this Stop start stop start etc at final payment what had been a conversion rate of $1 US to 2000 dong all the way around Vietnam suddenly became $1 US to 2100 dong and Payment had to be Cash. We don't like to carry to much US cash on us so had to cough up extra dong, It unfortunately left a bad taste. 2 days wasted, going home not doing the one thing we really wanted to do and then haggling over money....

One other thing... We had taken the boys out for a seafood dinner on the last night and I left them all drinking and retired early... Apparently Luv was very keen to get my partner a massage!!!! (I'll leave the hand gestures and the time of night to your imagination) I thought this was very poor taste and extremely unprofessional.. No matter how much alcohol is involved.

WHAT WE LEARNT
... Go to the office!!!
... Know what you're getting . Days/Nights. ? Meals (not in our case). Type of accommodation (ours, all clean, 2 stars ish)
... Stick to regular trips or at least be very clear as to what you want to include.
... Check if it has to be cash!!! The office may take Credit cards not sure.
... Set the price in dong if you don't have US
... Check trip advisor (which we did) but take note of the names. (I have not seen our boys names mentioned???) (turns out they're not brothers either..... Surprise)
... If you're vaguely sensitive to cigarette smoke be warned. Check smoking or non smoking

Would We do it again..... ABSOLUTELY ...without hesitation... I plan to bring my kids next year.
BUT..... We will do it smarter, same group but most likely with a different guide.

Visited January 2014