“Average food, very expensive”
Review of Ming Dynasty

Ming Dynasty
Ranked #161 of 284 Restaurants in Da Lat
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2012

It's hard to argue with the ambience of an old French Villa. However, my friends and I found the whole experience rather "cold" and impersonal. Prices were among the highest we've seen anywhere in Vietnam. Food was decent, but nothing to write home about. Probably best for entertaining clients on company money and not for travellers.

There are newer reviews for Ming Dynasty

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We didn't make any reservations before showing up, since it was a Wednesday. We arrived by taxi. The hostess came all the way to the taxi to greet us. The outside of the restaurant is very impressive at first sight. The inside is extremely well decorated. You feel like you are eating at a rich friend's villa.

I believe they have 2 floors. They can accommodate large groups in a more secluded area so you can have a very intimate party. They have outdoor seating. They also have a balcony with an amazing view of the lake.

The food was excellent. We enjoyed everything. The prices are a bit high for Vietnamese standards but it is well worth it.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Very upscale beautiful restaurant but the food didn't match reviews or surroundings

1  Thank Bbi
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We had dinner at Nam Phan in Da Lat last week. The restaurant is located amid a beautiful garden inside a tastefully restored French Villa.

The restaurant was nearly empty, so we had a few staff members just looking after us. And oh boy, how they spoiled us! The food we received was not only delicious, but some of it was prepared on a separate small table right in front of us by the waitress (such as the prawns).

They also did not just place the plates of food in the middle as We expected but distributed it to all our plates. Whenever one of us ran out of tea to drink, they would immediately refill the glass. The staff members were very attentive, polite and professional.

We couldn't help take pictures of the beautifully presented food and the staff members serving us.

Yes, the prices are slightly high by Vietnamese standards, but you get what you pay for. And, might I say, the prices here are not nearly as high as the ones at Nam Phan in Saigon.

All in all, for me this would have to be the best food and dining experience I have ever had anywhere! I highly recommend it!

1  Thank KleinQui
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We walked from Dalat Palace, easy to find. Very sophisticated restaurant, we were ready for a very special moment but it was really disappointing. Very very long service despite only three tables, six guests! I ordered fresh spring rolls that were the worst I had for my all stay in Vietnam. I didn't eat them and called the young lady who took them away with a lovely smile...then the main dishes arrived, nothing special in taste too much fuss about presentation.. Bill arrived with the charge for the spring rolls...I didn't appreciate, they took it off. At no instant the chef or the manager appeared to talk...very disappointing, we felt this lack of communication in most of the "expensive" places in Vietnam, probably a lack of staff management..our best meals were on the first floor of the central market, with locals who enjoy to see you eating their food!